Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bitone XD 9 service model. It shows some wear on the black part on the top of the slide where the spent shells are ejected from. I believe it is part of the barrel that is visible on the top of the slide. Is there any way to prevent this wear and is it normal? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
I think that is normal. I think it looks good, actually. Just keep it oiled up, and there won't be any problems.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Remember, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions (ok, I wish I knew where that is from, but it makes me laugh when I get to type it). :twisted:

So my turn to ask the stupid question (feel free to quote me in the reply): is the barrel left black in the stainless slide? If so it is just the surface black wearing off. You can polish all of the black off on the barrel hood and then it will not look so odd.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. In answer to your question the barrel also shows the same sort of wear, if you look up at the top of this forum there is a guy who just posted pics of his XD. He has altered the barrel, but in the last pic which is a close of up the slide you can see the part i am talking about and a faint image of the wear i am speaking of.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Oh, for the love of all that is holy.. son of a bitch!! Not this stupid question again!?!?

LOL.. Just pokin' fun at u!

It's normal.. I buffed the visible portion of the barrel for this very reason.. It looks better I think.. and the part that has the bluing removed never rusts.. which does not make a lot of sense.. but it's true.

Raymond

·
Registered
6 Posts

That is just where the barrel is locking up when in battery. It's normal. I didn't like the look of the black wearing off the top either with the stainless slide. I love the look of this set up much better!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i go the exact same one as you Okie cept stock barrel. Im guessing the longer improves accuracy?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
No reason to say you are sorry.. not to me at least.. I only hang out here for comic relief.. and to make sure the liberals get their facts straight in the political forum, and I post lots of pictures! Some good, some bad... I like posting pictures..

oh.. by the way.. welcome to SA-XD Talk.. You will find more useful information about your pistol here than you can shake a stick at!

Raymond

·
Registered
6 Posts
NSJUSAF, it helps with accuracy some but mostly takes away a lot of recoil.

Captain Ray, give those liberal pansies hell!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
When I did it, I used some fine grain sandpaper, 1200 grit I think, then buffed it out with a dremel. If I had it to do over again, I would use a polishing compound like Brasso, or some such thing, and the dremel buffing wheel. That would make sure that no metal is removed.

Raymond

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You did that to the entire barrel? Or just the part that shows on the top of the slide?

So on your XD (or whatever) your barrel is silver and not black?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I did it just to the exposed part of the barell.. some have done the whole thing, but I didn't see much sense in that.. I have a picture around here somewhere... hold on...

Raymond

1 - 15 of 15 Posts