Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but what does the LE stand for on the 45GAP? Does it refer to Law Enforcement, and if so why?

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Speculation was that it stood for limited edition, they wanted something other than GAP wrien on the slide of the XD why give glock any credit.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Its short for LEPPER

·
Registered
339 Posts
Dragoon44 said:
Maybe it stands for "Less Effective". :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no complaints with mine besides the fact it's not easy to find ammo locally.

Just went shopping at cheaperthandirt though :D

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
It is there for the same reason as companies use the word "tactical". It adds a little to the gun/gear that you are buying.

Who wants to buy black boots when you can but TACTICAL black boots? :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
"Less Expensive" alternative versus frame redesign for 45 acp. :wink:

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I like 'Long Enough'. No dirty mind interputations
either please! :p

Ed

·
Registered
268 Posts
invssgt said:
How about "Lame Excuse" not to re-design the gun for .45 ACP?

This could be fun :wink:
BEST ONE YET AND I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
416 Posts
mknherhappy said:
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but what does the LE stand for on the 45GAP? Does it refer to Law Enforcement, and if so why?

Thank you.
Lousy Expirement

·
Registered
595 Posts
First of all, you must remember that the XD is made in CROATIA and it is most likely a European rival to GLOCK and SIG. (much like CHEVROLET, DODGE and FORD are here in the U.S.A.)

Second of all ,you need to realize that the GAP round fits and works in the XD without major retooling of the frame. This helps to maintain consistency with the looks and feel of the factory finished firearm that we all know and love. In order to produce a .45 ACP pistol, the extractor might have to become an external design much like the Sig P229. This translates into extra cost in manufacturing which would mean a much higher retail price for us consumers.

If you want a .45 ACP then buy a 1911. Springfield already sells many of those. But if you want an XD then quit "dissing" the design as I enjoy the current XD product and I also have an HS2000.

Oh and by the way, LE to me stands for "Lethal Enforcer" :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do any of the posters who are not happy about the XD in 45 GAP own one? I do, and I like it. I out shot most 45 acp,s at the range, and I noticed they seem to have a reliability problem. This is in Kimbers mostly, but not 100%. I have never seen an XD of any caliber FTF. What I see here more and more is slamming of a product you have no experience with. You people are starting to sound like those from Glock Talk, and it’s not flattering.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
backstay said:
Do any of the posters who are not happy about the XD in 45 GAP own one? I do, and I like it. I out shot most 45 acp,s at the range, and I noticed they seem to have a reliability problem. This is in Kimbers mostly, but not 100%. I have never seen an XD of any caliber FTF. What I see here more and more is slamming of a product you have no experience with. You people are starting to sound like those from Glock Talk, and it’s not flattering.
backstay, I have read the posts on this thread twice and do
not detect any of the posts as someone being unhappy, even
with the 45GAP. Yes, I own one. If I did not like it, or any of
the machines which I own, I will squell on it and then sell it
off. Perhaps too many people read into a post and only see
the heavy meaty side, I really don't know. I have enjoyed
this thread as it has been a fun post for most!

Ed

1 - 20 of 26 Posts