Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I just picked up my XD-40 and the dealer was walking me through the field strip from which he repeatedly Dry Fired the gun. I asked about damaging the pistol through dry firing. He claimed this is not an issue with the XD, as you aren't able to damage it with excessive dry firing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
As you can tell from the previous post, there have been a lot of discussions on this on this forum. You can do a search and find them.

Basically though, we were told in the beginning, no problem, go ahead and dry fire. Just recently though, Springfield Armory has decided to start telling people who ask to NOT dry fire with out a snap cap, unless your taking the gun apart, then no snap cap, obviously.

However, there are many on the forum that have literally dry fired THOUSANDS of times (and counted the dry fires for practice reasons) with NO damage to the springs, firring pin or retaining pins. Conversely, there are those n the forum, who after repeated dry firing, have broken their fireing pins / retaining pins.

Hopefully this answers it for you.

Any other questions?? Fire away!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the information and references. I will gather 'em up and not drag this thread out any longer. Much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts