Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No scratches that I can make out but a little nick on the frame at the top of the grip saftey. Camera is broke so no pics.

That is all.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
It'll be okay little buddy. Beat that thing up!

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
If it was the XD, no worries mate. That's your combat pistola. Now you just can't treat a 1911 like that! :D

·
Registered
15,712 Posts
its ok man...i dropped my XD slide while cleaning it when i first got it....battle scars give it character!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I remember the first time I dropped my XD45. Time slowed down to a crawl as I watched it bounce off the concrete. In the end it is a tool and it still works great so :mrgreen:.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I've dropped mine on the concrete sidewalk in my drive way, on rocky ground at the range a couple of times and once in my shooting bag full of mags and loose bullets.

I remember somebody posted a while back about leaving on the car trunk and driving off, remembering about the gun and driving back to find it on the highway.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Better to do it in your driveway than at a shootin' match, DQ baby!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I feel for ya man. I almost cried after noticing the couple of scratches and 3 big nicks that were in mine after I dropped it on the concrete.

You will get over it. Just remember whats inside is what counts.;)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
OMG thats so horrible. DO NOT SHOOT THIS GUN. I REPEAT>>> DO NOT SHOOT THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!! there may be something wrong with it. Send it to me and i will dispose of it properly! addy in pm...

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OMG thats so horrible. DO NOT SHOOT THIS GUN. I REPEAT>>> DO NOT SHOOT THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!! there may be something wrong with it. Send it to me and i will dispose of it properly! addy in pm...
No need to be a smartass; it's Christmas.

·
Premium Member
28,487 Posts
That's alright. I dropped my XD on the tile floor in the entrance to my house... one scratch but it survived.

·
Registered
341 Posts
That sucks, now that that's over what can be learned from this mishap?

My mistake one day was to tuck my Kahr in the back of my pants with out a holster, and go into a Chinese Buffet for lunch. I got up to get a second plate of food and while I was selecting my food I felt my pistol slide down my leg and end up on the floor. Very embarrassing, if anyone saw it they didn't say anything. I dropped off my plate got the check, and hauled ass out of there very ashamed of myself, and thankful no one got hurt.

I have invested in at least 3 good holsters for every gun I CCW in public, so this never happens again.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Camera is broke, dropped you prized possession, now what is next.

It always comes in three's

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
So was it the XD, the infamous "grip chop".

Dont sweat it too much. Imaging dropping your brand new 45c at the smith for night sights. And getting your first slide scratches included with your purchase. Of course they denied it.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So was it the XD, the infamous "grip chop".

Dont sweat it too much. Imaging dropping your brand new 45c at the smith for night sights. And getting your first slide scratches included with your purchase. Of course they denied it.
It was my XD45c that got dropped. I sold the XD9c a while back to fund my LWRC.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That sucks, now that that's over what can be learned from this mishap?

My mistake one day was to tuck my Kahr in the back of my pants with out a holster, and go into a Chinese Buffet for lunch. I got up to get a second plate of food and while I was selecting my food I felt my pistol slide down my leg and end up on the floor. Very embarrassing, if anyone saw it they didn't say anything. I dropped off my plate got the check, and hauled ass out of there very ashamed of myself, and thankful no one got hurt.

I have invested in at least 3 good holsters for every gun I CCW in public, so this never happens again.
Yeah, it should have been holstered. I was just hoping that the safties held as it dropped. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had my Springfield Champion 4" in a shoulder holster and bent over to pick something up and the snap let loose and I saw the gun and falling and broke its fall with my foot. Gun ok but foot was black and blue for two weeks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I dropped my XD on the concrete floor in the basement!!! I freaked but there was hardly noticeable scratch on the back end of the slide. But time has passed and I don't even notice it anymore!!! So no worries just count yourself lucky that it wasn't a high end 1911!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts