Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the dpms mini sass? I am looking at purchasing my first AR and can't decide between the dpms mini sass and stag arms model 3. I know they are completely different style of guns but I like both of them. Is the dpms mini sass worth the money?

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
82 Posts
What are your thoughts on the dpms mini sass? I am looking at purchasing my first AR and can't decide between the dpms mini sass and stag arms model 3. I know they are completely different style of guns but I like both of them. Is the dpms mini sass worth the money?

Thanks in advance!
My pre Cerberus Holdings model kicks ass! Very accurate but it weights 16lbs as pictured.........;)

·
Premium Member
37,681 Posts
I have a DPMS SASS in 308 and love can out shot me any day of the week. I know you are looking at the 223 but same gun.

·
Banned
82 Posts
That is a good looking gun! A little bit on the heavy side but I bet it shoots nice. This is a hard decision to decide what to buy. Thanks for the info!
Thanks for the kind words! If you want a very accurate weapon at longer ranges then heavy is your friend. If you have to pack it all day then a quote my good friend Wayneard3413 comes to mind, " ounces = pounds and pounds = PAIN!" ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words! If you want a very accurate weapon at longer ranges then heavy is your friend. If you have to pack it all day then a quote my good friend Wayneard3413 comes to mind, " ounces = pounds and pounds = PAIN!" ;)
Well I decided to get the Stag arms model 3. The price was right and since this is my first AR I decided to go the lower priced, get some experience with it, and in the future I plan on building a longer range ar. I would really like a mini sass for some coyote hunting though. Sitting in a field terrace waiting for the coyotes to run out of the tree line would be really fun especially with the mini sass and a nikon m223 scope!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well I decided to get the Stag arms model 3. The price was right and since this is my first AR I decided to go the lower priced, get some experience with it, and in the future I plan on building a longer range ar. I would really like a mini sass for some coyote hunting though. Sitting in a field terrace waiting for the coyotes to run out of the tree line would be really fun especially with the mini sass and a nikon m223 scope!
Good choice. My Stag M3 has run like a clock...except when I put really really cheap russian 223 through it. Had to tap out a few rounds at the range...:oops:
Only thing is I wish it came with more than just the top rail. They get you by making you pay $59 for 3 more rails to cover the fore end for any accessories. Plus...there are no sights! But I guess thats why I paid so little for it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
My DPMS lo pro classic is great for coyote hunting. 16 in heavy barrel. So far longest kill 204yds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
When it comes to any fire arm, especially a highly customizeable platform like the AR, you must first decide what you will be using the forarm for. Will it be a bench rest shooter? If so out to what yards? Will it be for hunting, plinking, home defense?

Do I like the mini sass? I think it is a nice tacticool platform. I wouldn't use it for hunting though, not that I hunt anyways.

Since you got the stag, the nice thing about the AR platform is all you need is a custom upper and the gun can be transformed. The other nice thing is you can swap a part her and a part there as budget allows and before you know it, have a brand new CUSTOM gun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am really liking the Stag as well. I have shot about 100 rounds thru it and everything is working great. I am going to save up for a larue mount and aimpoint next. Currently I just have a cheap red dot my cousin let me use and its ok for plinking but accuracy suffers because it doesn't hold the dot. I get sighted in and then after a few rounds its off again. Other than than i will just load up on ammo and a few mags and I should be set for awhile. Once I get the aimpoint and larue mount then I can start saving up for building my next AR. Thanks for all the info and advice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts