Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a DPMS stripped lower for 130 dollars. Guy in front of me bought the last two CMMG lowers for 115 before I could get to them. Did I get ripped off or was it an okay deal? And also any personal opinions about the quality of DPMS lowers are welcome as well. :p

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I don't think you did. I paid $139 on Saturday for one. I figured by time I paid the FFL fee and shipping it would be the same price. He had a Stag for the same price but I already have one so I thought I would try a DPMS.

·
Registered
378 Posts
at this point any lower under $150 is a good deal lol. As far quality, a lower is a lower, but I've been very happy with everything I've ever bought from DPMS has been top quality.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Stripped lowers and uppers are about the least brand-specific parts on an AR. I would have bought whatever was cheaper as long as the holes looked round and the edges looked straight.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
$110 is what I paid for mine this morning. DPMS lower was the same price as the CMMG and Stag stuff that they had. I just liked the finish on the DPMS better.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
For an out the door price, it seems around 130 is pretty common. I picked mine up today and ended up being 132, so it seems in that range isn't bad (especially compared to what it will likely get to)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The problem for me is the closet place that sells lowers is about 2+ hours away. So I have to have it shipped to my dealer which adds a transfer fee. So a $150 lower + $50 transfer fee + $25 dros fee. And 10 days to wait on top of that.

·
Registered
378 Posts
$50 transfer fee...you need to find your self a new dealer.

Aim surplus has lowers starting at $80 BTW

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sweet deal. thanks guys. glad i finally got mine after the recent political events that may soon make it difficult for me to get a lower. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts