Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad day but happy day, picked up a rifle variant that i have always wanted and enjoy to shoot. Traded in 3 guns and picked up a Paratrooper FAL

Coonan Lower receiver
DSA Upper 7.62x51
Para Folding stock
Leupold 3x9 scope w/armalite scope mount

·
Registered
121 Posts
You must have wanted it bad, I have a TC contender with 3 barrels that I've been thinking of trading in on a Kimber, but just can't seem to talk myself into it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You must have wanted it bad, I have a TC contender with 3 barrels that I've been thinking of trading in on a Kimber, but just can't seem to talk myself into it.
Wanted and realized that when the zombies / aliens come you will only be able to use 2 to 3 good weapons might as well have 6 good than 12 okay :sad:

·
Registered
936 Posts
that is a sexy beast. Ive been on the fence on getting an FAL for a while. I kind of view it in the same class as the m1a.

Why the FAL, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I've sold many a firearm to acquire another firearm I wanted.

Glad you have what you want...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is a sexy beast. Ive been on the fence on getting an FAL for a while. I kind of view it in the same class as the m1a.

Why the FAL, if you dont mind me asking?
When you shoot at someone with 5.56 they will shoot back when you do it with 7.62 they don't :twisted:

Its a real battle rife, plus if you need to you can hunt with it (vehicles or deer)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have two coonan reciever builds and love them you have a great gun. People like to bash the fal for accuracy but I have never had a problem with a standard chrome G1 barrel even though it has a dent across the crown. I thought of recrowning but works great. I can shoot a 12inch piece of steel at 200yds and hit it every time with the factory open sights and me shooting it. (not so great shooter)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have two coonan reciever builds and love them you have a great gun. People like to bash the fal for accuracy but I have never had a problem with a standard chrome G1 barrel even though it has a dent across the crown. I thought of recrowning but works great. I can shoot a 12inch piece of steel at 200yds and hit it every time with the factory open sights and me shooting it. (not so great shooter)
That is some shooting. You must have very good eyes.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The Kimber is a high priced low quality 1911,,, Good choice in not trading off the TC!.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts