Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a Dons guide rod and spring kit for my XD9 and was wondering what weight spring I should go with and how easy is the installation? I was looking at going with the 20# spring, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
240 Posts
20# should be nice for you man, should be able to do imediate double taps in to almost the same hole... And there is a video on Pistol Gear on how to install it man, its super easy, there is a washer you put in the slide where the stock guide rod insterts into and then you just do it like your stock one....

Cadet Wilson

To answer the question of Kimberwhip, the guide rod on yourweapon can be replaced with heavier rods to combat recoil, also, the spring can be changed out to a heavier or lighter weight, depending on personal preference....

·
Premium Member
127,799 Posts
It all depends on how you plan to use the pistol and what type of ammo you plan to use. I have a DGR and a 20# spring in my XD9 Tactical that I use in IDPA competition.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to add, I have the service model. Not sure if that changes any thing, thanks for the advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts