Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a Dons guide rod in my XD40 service works great.Smoothed action up a lot.Also put on a hogue grip cut it u shape instead a square so the edges would roll up on it around the safety.What is the reason no one is putting on hogue grips.I heard pacmyer has grip's for the XD now.But the shop had a special on some hogue slip ons for 6.00 so i bought em. BIGA

P

·
0 Posts
You da man! I have the same setup and it is the way to go for me, too. I cut mine square to give room for the safety, no probs.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yea I got my hogue grip the same way for $6 could no resist and love it, have yet to cut mine out kinda like not having to worry about the grip safty. But I am sure I will cut it out. I am ordering a rod and spring tonight.

·
Registered
245 Posts
BigA said:
What is the reason no one is putting on hogue grips.I heard pacmyer has grip's for the XD now.But the shop had a special on some hogue slip ons for 6.00 so i bought em. BIGA
My opinion:

I've tested both Hogue and Pachmayr, and have will no longer use them on my XD40. The reason is that it reduces the comfort of the grip for me. The handle gets too bulky. The XD40 feels very good out of the box as it is designed.

But the Hogue stays on my Ruger P95DC. The Ruger grip isn't very ergonomic without an add-on like a Hogue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts