Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received my CHL yesterday :)razz:) and spent today getting it laminated and trying to find a simple IWB holster.

The shop I went to had a ton of Don Hume's, some Uncle Mike's, and a few other various holsters. The only "XD" IWB holsters that they had were all left handed.

Luckily, the shop had a used XD-9 that they let me use to check the fit of holsters, since I, of course, did not bring mine. It turned out that the H715-M that fit the best is the #30-1 which is meant for Sig 225,228,229, and 229R. I checked out the Don Hume web site and it looks like the 715's for XD's are indeed different, but this one seems to fit really nice.

Has anyone else done this? I searched google and XDTalk for about an hour before I posted this, but couldn't seem to come up with an answer. Here are a couple of pics:

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Hi there....

i have a XD-9 and a Sig P-229.....and i carry both in a Hume "Open Top" holster....the holster is designated for the Sig but it fits perfectly for my XD also.....

so, i say its normal.....

nice looking holster and pics, by the way :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruce, that's good to know. I really wanted to confirm that I wasn't doing something stupid, hehe.

Thanks for the comment on the pics.

I'm really liking this holster so far, I have been carrying it at 3 and canted forward a bit. It nestles nicely into my spare tire.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
no problem MFS....

the holster i have is very nice,,,but yours has a perfect finish to it...

I may just have to order one of those :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts