Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a JIT holster today from DON HUME. I placed an order for one through gunnersalley.com and since they were out of stock, they called DON HUME to have them ship me one as soon as they were produced. They had told me it would be about 4 weeks but I got it within a week and a half. The holster is really comfortable, I can hardly notice I'm wearing it WHEN I HAVE IT ON.. It fit's the subcompact perfectly with a good SNUG fit, it's very costom molded for the particular gun as well. I've held the holster upside down with the pistol in it and shook it to see how well it's secured in it and it didn't even start to slide out, VERY SECURE IT IS. The holster rides pretty high which is IDEAL for concealed carry. These holsters arn't very expensive either, so I would recommend everybody get one. Oh YES, I MUST say that a belt of one and a half inch in width is great for it but I think a thinner belt would be just as good as long as it's pulled tightly around your waist. I've noticed that the right handed model is great for wear on the right hip or the left hip for cross-draw. I wear mine on my left side toward the front where the left jean pocket would be, I find that to be the best place to reduce any printing and bulk when I carry. I would also like to see about a SOB holster, any suggestions for a good one? SEE YOU! NAMASTE!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am waiting for my Hume Double nine right now. I have heard on this forum that SOB holsters are BAD. I have read that you cant sit comfortablely with them and if you bend over the print terribly. Just my $.02
Semper Fi
- - Cowboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
+1 for the JIT. I bought one off of E-bay just looking for a range holster last year (couldn't carry back in New Mexico). I ended up paying 20$ including shipping for the holster that is now my primary carry rig. It is extremely comfortable and quick. Nothing much else to say, yeah...I'm out

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to know of a better holster than the jit. I like the jit because it seems to be a smaller holster than others I've seen and I think the smaller profile the holster is, the better one can conceal a pistol. A pistol alone is enough to worry about and does not need added bulk from a holster. I'm not too informed about all the kinds of holsters out there so if there's one that has even a smaller foot-print and fits the subcompact well I'd love to know about it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yes, I forgot to say. I do feel that the jit could have been made better, especially on the inside. I think it there were holster the same size as the jit or smaller and made better I'd love it. I wonder how long this will last. I hope the stitching is strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts