Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting on getting my ccw approved. I just picked up this Don Hume inside-the-waistband holster just like this one :

I was wondering if anyone else uses one of these and how do you like them. So far I have found its a bit stiff but since its leather I am trying to soften it up.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have one.. mine has the snaps though.. I have one for my little Taurus 85 and the XD9 The Don Hume holster for the XD is not great... it colapses and reholstering is nearly impossible.. The Don Hume for the snub nosed .38 is much better. I think Don Hume holsters have improved their product in the last several months... I know that this one I got recently for the Taurus is pretty good..

I think the Kydex holsters are more to my liking.. although the kydex does not feel very good next to my skin.

I dunno'... I havn't really made up my mind yet.

Raymond

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I have a Don Hume IWB for my Ruger SP101. I'm not in love with IWB's. It's a good holster but I prefer OWB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had a Don Hume Clip On IWB for about three years for my XD40. Absolutely love it. Reholstering is easy, sorry you haven't had a great experience with that, Cpt Ray.
I much prefer the clip to the snaps, as a buddy had one for his XD9 and always had to take his belt off to put it on. Clip is easy on easy off.
Havent used any other IWB holster for the XD (save an experimental one I made) but I feel that I really got a good value on my Don Hume, less than USD40, maybe around 30, I don't recall what I paid.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I have a Don Hume JIT holster. OWrks great, not too much too it, cheap, and covers the trigger nicely. No retention strap to mess with, that is both a plus and a minus.

·
Registered
31 Posts
John,
I see that you have a clip on your slide that is screwed on, where did you get that, and did you have to drill the slide yourself? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I too have a JIT slide for my XD40. No complaints here, any problems I have is simply because I have a cheap belt. Can't beat the price either...got mine for $20 (Ebay). I'm considering the holster in the first post...let us know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
I've had three of the 721's for three different guns, and i really like them. Good quality for the money.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a IWB Clip on for my SubXD. The only thing i don't like about it is that since i'm a lefty, sometimes the metal clip rubs on my leather seats when entering exiting my car. It leaves scratches that I can buff out but it does increase wear and tear on my seats.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have the Hume IWB with snaps. It's ok, but if I could ever get a permit, I'd spend the money for a better holster, probably a FIST. It doesn't conceal well, it's not adjustable, and reholstering is a bit of a bear.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
punisher80 said:
John,
I see that you have a clip on your slide that is screwed on, where did you get that, and did you have to drill the slide yourself? thanks in advance.
The CLIPDRAW
The clip fixes to the slide in a way that made me initially not want to use it. There is a metal bar that fixes to teh slide using a #M adhesive tape that sticks like something ridiculous. But if you stretch it hard, it comes off without leaving any residue. The clip then screws onto the metal bar. The Clip Draw is great if you have a situation where you need to grab your gun, then need to tuck it somewhere but you don't have a holster on. I wouldn't carry with it chambered though, as if you are a larger person, your body (read: rolls) might compress the grip safety while a section of your shirt gets bunched up in teh trigger gaurd. I haven't had anything like that happen, and I have noticed that when I tuck my gun into a belt holster, its more likely to grab some of my shirt in teh trigger gaurd. You can purchase one from James' (ajamesp51) website: www.xd-hs2000.com
His service is great.
Here are osem of the pics of the clip draw. Mine is slightly modified :-D I polished the clip portion and left the mounting plate black so it matched my gun. lol

I swapped the clip over to the other side. Yeah, i need to tighten my belt.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've had a boxful of Hume holsters over the years. The only real problem I ever had was one of the snaps came apart on a Glock IWB holster. My local dealer replaced it, no questions asked.

They are a considerable step up from Uncle Mike's as far as concealment holsters go. They will certainly get the job done. However, they do lack some features found on many higher-end holsters, such as sweat shields.

I also prefer my IWB holsters with a bit of a forward cant, and only the JIT slides had this when I was buying them.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have that same model. An IWB with clip. It sucks rocks. Lucky it cost me minimal $$$ as it was a clearance item on Gungaccessories.com. Everytime I try to draw from it is comes off with the gun. Getting the clip in place on a belt is a chore. Also it does not want to stay put. From now on I am staying with DeSantis, Galco or BladeTech.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like my JIT belt slide holster. It is a good quality holster for the price. It holds the belt and pistol very securely. I prefer kydex for competition but like the JIT for any other time.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have a Don Hume holster for my 1911. When I first got it I could barley get the gun in there it was so tight... I figured re-holstering would be near imposible... but it has broken in and is a great holster. I like it.. not as much as I like my galco fletch high ride but its nice and I think for what it cost its was a good deal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too have an Don Hume IWB clip-on holster for my sub .40 (left-handed version). It was really tight when I got it and often came with the gun when drawn. I left the gun in it for a couple of weeks and drew it many, many times. Now it is broken in and I love it. Very comfortable even when carried at the front (~1:00 position). I like it so much I ordered a Don Hume OWB holster for my tactical.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts