Springfield XD Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
So sorry to hear, @mtnlvr . May she rest in peace, forever running among endless green fields, and with a bottomless supply of her favorite treats.

·
Registered
188 Posts
We are gonna meet a dog in a couple days. The dog we have now and our two previous dogs were rescue Rotts,
this one is as well. He was living with homeless drug addicts and has some health issues which I believe are minor.
He's 'sposed to be friendly which is mandatory for us.
Knowing our dog and what we've heard of him they should get along. Again, mandatory.

·
Registered
56 Posts
At 6:30 AM yesterday morning I opened the door to let my dogs out for their morning business. As soon as they were out I saw a coyote trotting along the edge of my bean field heading for the neighbors woods. My dogs were running toward it but stopped when the coyote started running toward them. They all stopped about 50 yards apart and were having a face off. That is when I shot the coyote. No need for any vet bills. I usually shoot them before I let the dogs out. Third one this year.

That coyotes behavior surprised me because usually they run away when I let the dogs out. Never seen one try to confront my dogs.

Pic of my dogs from post # 44

·
Registered
188 Posts
We are gonna meet a dog in a couple days. The dog we have now and our two previous dogs were rescue Rotts,
this one is as well. He was living with homeless drug addicts and has some health issues which I believe are minor.
He's 'sposed to be friendly which is mandatory for us.
Knowing our dog and what we've heard of him they should get along. Again, mandatory.
OK, we've had the dog for a couple days. He is a big boy and extremely gentile and sweet. The Rott we already have is a little jealous. The new guy takes it in stride. I think we hit the doggie jackpot.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

You can barely make out Hannah in the far corner in the shade. (2nd pic) She doesn't want anything to do with the pool. Satchel, on the other hand... he's dropping his ball in my lap every two minutes for me to throw it in there. The water's like 80°F, so I decided it was warm enough for me to get in, too. :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
A ball and a body of water and my two Goldens will run and swim themselves into exhaustion. They are coming up on 12 years old, and water is probably the lowest impact way to get exercise.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Meet Alaska.
Husky / German Shepherd Mix with a little bit of boxer in there according to her DNA test.

18 months old with endless amounts of energy.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts