Springfield XD Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ozzy goes out in the back yard from time to and just takes off full speed... Does a few laps around the yard as fast as he can. Started getting him out chasing balls... Damn he's fast.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Maybe but arent they tracking yard parasites and sheet into your house then? And dog smell to me is way worse smell. To each his own i guess but mine eat mice.
100% hardwood and tile no carpet so a quick sweep does it. Sorry no smell on this planet is more revolting than cat piss and shit from a stinky ass litter box.
Oh yeah need to check my trap this AM see if another wonderer needs a new hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Happy Birthday dear Sababa... Happy Birthday to you....

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
This crazy [email protected]#$% was not my favorite. This dog was 4 types of insane. Beautiful, but absolutely nuts. Don't recommend weims to anybody who is not an enemy of mine.

View attachment 776229
Intelligent and energetic dogs like these and others mean more work for owner than simply feeding it.

They like tasks and meed to be occupied or they get bored and LOOK for ways to entertain themselves.

People really should research a breeds characteristics prior to “oh that puppy is so cute” lets take it home.

Unlike kids with dogs we can choose the one that fits.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Lots of great dogs here. Keep 'em comin'.

This is one of out dogs, Zoe...greyhound/blue heeler mix. She's a bit of a clown, but so loyal. Unfortunately she's on her last legs...not doing so well. Arthritis and heart issues, but she still has pep, attitude, and drive.
17930.jpeg 17936.jpeg 20160306_144847~01.jpg

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Intelligent and energetic dogs like these and others mean more work for owner than simply feeding it.

They like tasks and meed to be occupied or they get bored and LOOK for ways to entertain themselves.

People really should research a breeds characteristics prior to “oh that puppy is so cute” lets take it home.

Unlike kids with dogs we can choose the one that fits.

Fed it, walked it, threw a ball for it, etc. That dog was crazy. Separation anxiety, counter surfing, and a general disregard for obedience training was very frustrating. The weim was also a rescue, and I learned pretty quickly why. The dog was smart; maybe too smart for it's britches. She decided when she was not being directly supervised that she could do what she wanted.

·
Premium Member
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Fed it, walked it, threw a ball for it, etc. That dog was crazy. Separation anxiety, counter surfing, and a general disregard for obedience training was very frustrating. The weim was also a rescue, and I learned pretty quickly why. The dog was smart; maybe too smart for it's britches. She decided when she was not being directly supervised that she could do what she wanted.
I've heard the same about others. Just destroyer of worlds.... But I don't think any breed is bad... Not saying you do... They were bred for those traits. It's amazing what dogs can do when they do what they were born for.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I've heard the same about others. Just destroyer of worlds.... But I don't think any breed is bad... Not saying you do... They were bred for those traits. It's amazing what dogs can do when they do what they were born for.
Not trying to say the breed is bad, but this individual dog was the most difficult I have experienced. The second most difficult was a german shorthaired pointer, but her brother was one of the best that I have had. My grandfather also had a weim that was crazy, so I think that breeding for the beautiful eyes and coat may have been detrimental. My stepdad raises beagles, and they are idiots when they are not chasing small game. They will run a rabbit until you shoot it or they catch it, but they are not intelligent or obedient. I will keep my Goldens in the interim.
upload_2020-5-12_18-8-29.png

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
They are working dogs need a job. Not just a ball a job.
Not saying you didnt do it but.

Weimaraners are excellent with kids and yearn to be full-fledged family members. Easy grooming, trainability, a loving nature, and a can-do-attitude make them excellent pets, as long as owners are committed to keeping them physically active and mentally engaged.

·
Premium Member
15,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Not trying to say the breed is bad, but this individual dog was the most difficult I have experienced. The second most difficult was a german shorthaired pointer, but her brother was one of the best that I have had. My grandfather also had a weim that was crazy, so I think that breeding for the beautiful eyes and coat may have been detrimental. My stepdad raises beagles, and they are idiots when they are not chasing small game. They will run a rabbit until you shoot it or they catch it, but they are not intelligent or obedient. I will keep my Goldens in the interim.
View attachment 776625
Totally... Some dogs can be pretty crazy. And I forget just how crazy until I look for a new one. They can be super destructive... Lots of bad habits.

I grew up with Norwegian elkhound. They corner elk then bark for hunters to kill... So BAD barkers. And they are known to be dog aggressive... That's an understatement... My male dog... If he even saw a male dog, of any kind, at any distance.... Full sprint to go kill. No kidding. Never ever have I seen any dog of any kind THAT dog aggressive.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
Misconception alot of folks have about bully breeds is that they are all mean and aggressive.
LOL.
NO.

Like any dog the mean ones (for the most part as we all know about bad apples) are the ones people have made that way.

Everyone Ive had over the yrs was/is more this

Than any thing else.

More than anything else a dog will return to its master in spades what ever kind of attention it receives.

In other words treat it well and youll be rewarded with love and affection

Treat it badly and youll be rewarded in ways you will most likely not enjoy.

When my kids were little we had a GS (also a rescue) who would let any of my sons friends walk in gate and up to the house unbothered except one.

The one kid he would not let in the gate period unless my son/someone went out got him.

Not sure why but I believe the kid would torment the dog when we were not around. He lived across the street.

Dogs remember

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
They are working dogs need a job. Not just a ball a job.
Not saying you didnt do it but.

Weimaraners are excellent with kids and yearn to be full-fledged family members. Easy grooming, trainability, a loving nature, and a can-do-attitude make them excellent pets, as long as owners are committed to keeping them physically active and mentally engaged.

That dog had an insane level of separation anxiety, which is a known issue with the breed. That, and it would not stop stealing food from the counter made it annoying. I don't mean to trash the breed; I know there are enthusiasts. This particular girl was a rescue because she was nuts. Beautiful and very nice to everyone she met, but a real hassle.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts