Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too many dog lovers here to not have a thread on our best buddies. Friends lost, new friends, more buddies, training, care, health... Don't care. It's a dog thread. Only thing not allowed... NO CATS! This is the He Man Dog club and no cars are allowed... Even for dinner...

My wife and I met, she had a Rottie named Angel. She was very protective and generally hated men... She loved me. My wife figured I must be OK. Ya, I really like Rotties.

IMG_4973.JPG

·
Premium Member
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Angel left a big hole. Then we got Samantha. Sammie was like a super model. It's like she had mascara on.

IMG_5076.JPG

IMG_5269.JPG

Total sweet heart. We had Java for a while. Lab/Pit Bull dog. That was my dog. Pretty much a special needs dog. Very scared. We finally had to give her back to the Rescue where she was the owners personal dog. She died many years later of a stroke. But all told, she nearly killed 4-5 dogs... including Sammie.

IMG_5292.JPG

After Java was gone, I got Jake. Again MY dog. Best dog EVAH. He was so perfect. No drama of any kind. Thought he was a 75 lb lap dog. God I loved that dog. Still miss him. We had to put Sammie and Jake down, suddenly, on the same day, for unrelated reason. Devastating day.

IMG_7415.JPG

·
Premium Member
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
But... not like I have to go over everything. I'm just kicking this thing off. So then the wife had to finally get a little rat dog. Not a fan of rat dogs. Bella is somewhat typical... but who am I kidding... ALL DOGS ARE AWESOME! And ya, she can be pretty adorable.

Yes, I just used the word adorable.

But my best buddy now... Ozzy, he's a Aussie... See what I did there? :)

20200407_193342.jpg

20200509_172249.jpg

20200509_173506.jpg

Hangin in the Jeep after the hike. I am so digging my new buddy. I've always wanted a Heeler, sort of... Ya, I'm hooked. He's so awesome. I've been looking at some training stuff. I might get into agility training. He's so damn smart.

Anyway, that's it for now... Just figured we needed a thread.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
And Satchel. Basically my wife's dog. He's not as smart as Hannah (he's a bit of a dummy) and he's obsessed with his ball. Throws the cutest temper tantrums when he wants it thrown for him. He loves our pool. While Hannah suns herself, he's busy fetching the ball we throw in it... non-stop. We got him a lifejacket to help him out so he doesn't get so tired. Definitely momma's spoiled little boy.

FullSizeR2.jpg

received_10106537562160038.jpeg

received_2709102819099877.jpeg

·
Premium Member
21,642 Posts
I thought we had a dog thread already? Meh.... I’ll bite ;)

My pup Coco. Border collie Aussie Shepherd mix. Loves to run with me when it’s not that hot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And Satchel. Basically my wife's dog. He's not as smart as Hannah (he's a bit of a dummy) and he's obsessed with his ball. Throws the cutest temper tantrums when he wants it thrown for him. He loves our pool. While Hannah suns herself, he's busy fetching the ball we throw in it... non-stop. We got him a lifejacket to help him out so he doesn't get so tired. Definitely momma's spoiled little boy.
That's too funny. What a spoiled doggie.

·
Premium Member
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It would be nice if we could just implement dog rules... Wag tails... Snap at each other, sniff each other's ass, and move on... Or fight it out, then steer clear and leave each other alone. :)

·
Registered
11,485 Posts
I care more for dogs than I do for 99.9% people in the world.

This is Rocko. He was our 1st Pit Bull. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2014.
Rocko 1.jpg

This is Trooper. He was a rescue. He was by far, the most protective dog I have ever had. Unfortunately, he passed away in 2015.
TROOPER 1.jpg

·
Registered
713 Posts
Very nice. I would not want to brush/groom them however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

They are not bad to groom and if not grooming for a show a good brushing a few times a week keeps them looking good. Anna Liffey does not belong to me, she stayed with her breeder and just had a litter of nine.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts