Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ 20ft my POI is about 2-3in lower than that of my POA. Is this common? Am I able to adjust it?
Much help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Are you shooting a 6 o clock hold if so just change to a combat sight picture. If your aiming for a head and hit center mass have your front sight dot cover the nose, not under it. This should raise your impact.

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
Are you shooting a 6 o clock hold if so just change to a combat sight picture. If your aiming for a head and hit center mass have your front sight dot cover the nose, not under it. This should raise your impact.

+100

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I'm low, I've set my XD45 down and then picked up my XDM9 and fired them seconds apart on the same target and my XDM9 is right on same sight picture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i shot my XDM 45 the other day for the first time, and all i can say is wow right out of the box smoking hot!!! we were shooting pop cans out to 20 yds right away with 6 oclock hold.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine shoots low when I anticipate the recoil. Try firing it while holding it just tight enough to keep it from flying out of your hand, and let the discharge surprise you. I know for a fact that I tend to "push" my shots, causing them to hit low. Have a buddy load a snap cap somewhere in your mag and you'll see it happen.

Obviously holding the weapon like this isn't proper, but it will show you that your XD is hitting where it's pointed at the time of discharge.

D

·
0 Posts
Mine is point of aim if I do my part at 7 yards.

You may be flinching or otherwise pushing the weapon, in anticipation of recoil. A lot of people don't realize they flinch when in fact they do.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I was low and left for a long time. When I finally and focused harder on trigger control and not anticipating recoil, my gun suddenly became more accurate. I did not change point of aim. Low left was all me.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
I was low and left for a long time. When I finally and focused harder on trigger control and not anticipating recoil, my gun suddenly became more accurate. I did not change point of aim. Low left was all me.
I agree. I was shooting the same and I also worked on my trigger control. Following thorugh on each trigger pull also helped not anticipate the recoil (i think). I focused on a smooth pull and not snapping the trigger back after each shot. It worked.

I'm dead on with my POA now. I put the front site on what I want to hit and a hole appears shortly there after. Mongo like boom-boom!:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, Mine shot low right outta the box. I passed it around to several friends over the course of several months...yup...same for them as well.
I finally adjusted my aim and now, it's pretty consistent.

:) Next stop-Green laser from Veridan now that I know how well I can shoot this with the factory sights.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Great tips & advice here. I adjusted some of my old habits and now feel confident with my new XD.
Great shooting...Glad you got that fixed...;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I posted this in 2009 again in 2010 and now one more time;

Don’t despair, there is an easy fix.
First some history; when I first purchased my XD45 Tactical I had the same experience as you, my pistol was shooting low. I also have a XD45 Service that was shooting to point of aim so I knew that I was doing everything correctly. I wrote a letter to Springfield Armory describing my situation then sent the Tactical and the letter back to them. In about two weeks my Tac was back with a taller rear sight on it. If you look at the front of the rear sight you will notice a letter designation. My Tactical had the letter “G” on it the same as my Service. When I received my Tactical back from Springfield Armory the rear sight now has an “H” on it. SA paid for the shipping back to me and now the Tactical shoots point of aim just like the Service model.

Here is the link

www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-45acp-discussion-room/102812-my-1st-xd45-hits-low-2.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
My xds 45 is low with blazer brass and really low with American Eagle and Browning both 230 gr fmj what ammo are you all using esp the guys who are on with 6 o'clock hold?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts