Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect it may be me, but I wanted to know what others think of the trigger on the XD(M). I would be particularly interested to hear from some of the more experienced users and what they think of the trigger action. Is this considered a very good one? Is there anything that can be done to make it break a little cleaner?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only fault I find with my new XD(M) in .40 cal is the trigger. It feels weird. The reset seems different on each shot and so does the slack before it fires. I'm hoping it improves with time. It sure doesn't feel like it goes on a $600 gun. Rob Leatham must have had a custom job done on the one he tested.

·
Registered
908 Posts
My Springer trigger in my XD-M feels just fine...;)

I also didn't find the stock trigger too impressive on the stock M's I fondled.
I wasn't worried though, as I knew I'd be getting mine redone.

It's VERY nice now.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Of your experience, do you feel that the XDm trigger is a step backwards from the XD model?
I wouldn't say that.
It's different though. Part of the pull is improved from the XD.
I do like the idea of removing the extra no-trigger pull takedown junk though.
That may be part of the problem too.

I wonder if some are not excited about feeling the trigger on a brand new M, after being used to their broken in triggers on their XD's...?

The M trigger will get smoother with time. Nonetheless, it won't ever feel like a Springer job will.
I'm completely spoiled on Scott's triggers though.
He's built several XD's for me, and his stuff is all I've been shooting for the last couple of years.

I was shooting a stock XD-9 service for a bit, while waiting on my new M to come in. (.45 in the shop)
The trigger was broken in, but I hated every minute of it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The XDM trigger may not be perfect but it's a thousand times better than a glock. IMHO.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have tried a dryfire on 2 different M's in 2 different stores....the first was a bi tone and felt very hevy.....the second was all black and felt way lighter and crisper than the first.....I know the black one had just come in and unless the owner decided to dry fire it about 1000 times in 2 days it leaves me wondering what the heck:confused:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
The trigger is one of the reasons I ended up getting rid of my XDM. Long take-up, mushy break, excessive overtravel, slow reset.

It couldn't hold a candle to any of my Glocks' triggers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Personally, I find the Glock triggers much less "mushy" than the XDMs. That doesn't stop me from owning an XDM .40 and now (WOOHOO!) an XDM 9mm. I _do_ find the XDM triggers to be an improvement over the XDs though.

Maybe one day somebody will "scientifically" measure the uptake and resets between the Glocks, XDs, and XDMs. Until then, it appears we're all doomed to argue with hyperbole (which, as you know, is a million times worse than sarcasm ;) ).

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Personally, I find the Glock triggers much less "mushy" than the XDMs. That doesn't stop me from owning an XDM .40 and now (WOOHOO!) an XDM 9mm. I _do_ find the XDM triggers to be an improvement over the XDs though.

Maybe one day somebody will "scientifically" measure the uptake and resets between the Glocks, XDs, and XDMs. Until then, it appears we're all doomed to argue with hyperbole (which, as you know, is a million times worse than sarcasm ;) ).
Really? A million times? That's a lot.

·
Registered
199 Posts
XDM trigger is different than my XD but I have no issues with it. I also think as it gets broken in it will feel better. I don't dislike the trigger though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am by no means an expert on the subject, but I think the XDm has a better trigger than the XD. I think the M&P has a better trigger than either though. That being said, I am planning on buying a XDm

·
Vendor
775 Posts
The trigger on the XD-M is better than the XD but it still leaves room for improvement. That is why I redesigned my striker safety kit to work in the M models. My basic kit ($62.75) removes most of the pre travel, eliminates the over travel and shortens the reset. The match target kit ($79.25) is the same as the basic kit with the addition of reduced weight trigger and sear springs. Both kits keep the "no trigger pull" take down system intact and the safeties fully functional.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts