Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't been on here in some time...not sure if Springfield is offering a Hi-Cap mag to fit the SubXD9 ???

not the one with the stupid spacer (not looking for full size hicaps)

but a short, true SubXD9 9mm hicap mag.

·
Registered
298 Posts
robino said:
...not sure if Springfield is offering a Hi-Cap mag to fit the SubXD9 ???
Yes...its called the XD40SC mag. You should be able to fit 13+1 of 9mm in there. The spring, follower and body are slightly different, probably to give the 40 guys one or two extra rounds. For the life of me I don't see why Springfield doesn't take this mag and adjust the tolerances when they make them and offer it as a true hi-cap for the 9mm SC. All the parts are already there and it works. Seemslike it would be more cost effective than having 2 seperate toolings for the 9mm and 40. For now, a rubber mallet will do.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Excellent point. I always forget about that point. You can use an XD-40SC mag in your XD-9SC and squeeze in a few extra rounds. You need to just modify the feedlips a bit.

Thanks, Arnisandyz!

Old School

·
Registered
298 Posts
XD_Dan said:
Arnisandyz said:
Yes...its called the XD40SC mag. You should be able to fit 13+1 of 9mm in there.
I can only get 12 in mine. :x
You know whats wierd..I got 2 40SC mags in a trade with my friend, one of them I could only get 12 in (it had 9 witness holes) in the other I got 13 in it (it had 10 witness holes). He got the mags at the same time in the promo package and the followers were different. I don't know whos been smoking what in the XD Mag Dept?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the tip, but i already had the sub .40 mags adjusted, etc...
i can fit 12+1 with them, but i thought by now Springfield had made true hicap 9mm mags for the little SubXD9...

guess not.

·
Registered
885 Posts
robino said:
i can fit 12+1 with them, but i thought by now Springfield had made true hicap 9mm mags for the little SubXD9...

guess not.
How many rounds are you hoping to get in a SC mag?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Am I the only one here with reliability problems when using 9mm in a 40SW mag? I have a problem where 9mm rounds tend to get stuck in the magwell and not want to feed. The round at the top will load, and fire, but the next round won't move sometimes. I dunno whats up with that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
XD_Dan said:
robino said:

guess not.
How many rounds are you hoping to get in a SC mag?
I don't think you're getting his point. Yeah, you can use the .40SC mags and get 12 or 13+1 of 9mm in them, but they aren't made for the 9mm model. I think he's asking if they've made full capacity mags strictly for the 9mm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts