Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a pistol with a barrel less than 16 inches, if you remove the SBA3 brace, does that solve the Short-barreled rifle issues that are supposedly coming down the pike soon?
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

I know there is supposed to be "amnesty" or whatever, but I'd really rather not go through all the paperwork, engrave the gun, and get on a list, even if it is free.

It would seem that a plain foam tube, maybe with a tennis ball to "protect" it, would be a suitable solution to bypass all this foolishness.

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
That is my take on it. The brace is to similar to a stock so removing it would remove you from all the crap between brace and stock argument.
Now, I don’t know if the second “hand grip” is still worth 4 points. If so, no matter what on the backend, it’s an SBR.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This video seems to answer my question. If the lawyer is correct, removing the brace from the weapon sidesteps the whole SBA3/SBR trap.

Both of my pistols have lasers, so they can easily be sighted and fired without being shouldered. I think I will simply remove the brace, wrap the tube in Hockey Tape, (or maybe My Little Pony printed duct tape,) and be done with all this nonsense once and for all.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I think I will simply remove the brace, wrap the tube in Hockey Tape, (or maybe My Little Pony printed duct tape,) and be done with all this nonsense once and for all.
You don't have to do anything right now. If and when the rule takes affect, it will be in December and you will have until April 2023 to register it as an SBR, or remove the brace. But there are bound to be law suits filed by GOA, FPC, 2AF, and other organizations. So things could change between now and then.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not real hopeful that we will prevail in this case. Suing the government and applying rule of law doesn't work well these days ... look at the Mar a Lago Presidential records seizure for an example.

The various 2A groups can only react to the rule, not preempt it. Meanwhile, us little guys get crushed if we don't comply to the very last shred of bureaucratic minutia.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
There are laws and there are BATF interpretations…

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts