Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know whether the XD .45 Tactical full size comes in Dark Earth / Stainless bi-tone? I'll get Dark Earth / Black if I have to, but prefer stainless slide.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
From what I can see in the downloaded Springfield catalog, the combination you want is not available.

It comes in BLACK(XD9621), ODGREEN(XD9622), DARK EARTH(XD9162) and BI-TONE SS/BLACK(XD9623). There is no listing for one under BI-TONE SS/ODGREEN or BI-TONE SS/DARK EARTH.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I cant answer your question but I bet Springfield Armory .com could.:smile:

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
From what I can see in the downloaded Springfield catalog, the combination you want is not available.

It comes in BLACK(XD9621), ODGREEN(XD9622), DARK EARTH(XD9162) and BI-TONE SS/BLACK(XD9623). There is no listing for one under BI-TONE SS/ODGREEN or BI-TONE SS/DARK EARTH.
I meant to add..............................................

unless you get the GANDER MOUNTAIN EXCLUSIVE ONE!!!!!!!! ;)

I stand corrected. :)

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
I still prefer my black on black XDs.
When I want a baked potato, I put it in the oven and wait for HOURS.
Don't trust those new-fangled electric garage door openers neither.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
That's precisely why I decided to spend $100 more to go with the DE/Stainless. Bragging rights!:mrgreen: Not too many people out there have it, and I think you would be hard-pressed to find one out there still available. Gander Mountain's price is $650, which is still $16 cheaper than the MSRP Davidson's lists for the black/stainless tactical.

Troy, looks like this is the closest Gander Mountain to you:
Gander Mountain™ - We Live Outdoors - Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Outdoor Recreation, Apparel & Footwear, Gunsmithing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's precisely why I decided to spend $100 more to go with the DE/Stainless. Bragging rights!:mrgreen: Not too many people out there have it, and I think you would be hard-pressed to find one out there still available. Gander Mountain's price is $650, which is still $16 cheaper than the MSRP Davidson's lists for the black/stainless tactical.

Troy, looks like this is the closest Gander Mountain to you:
Gander Mountain™ - We Live Outdoors - Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Outdoor Recreation, Apparel & Footwear, Gunsmithing
Awesome! I know exactly where that is!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
It is also available at Buds gunshop.

Guess again. That's the service model. Troy's looking for the Tactical. The Tactical DE/Stainless is only available through Gander Mountain. I've checked all the major distributors since I wanted to try and get this for less than $650. Nobody has it except Gander.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now hurry before they sell the last one!!! :mrgreen:
Awesome info!!! Thanks! Went to buy it, and the idiot clerk didn't put my CCW info in, which bypasses my state's lovely 30 day rule. My approval is stuck on somebody's desk now. I told the clerk I'll be back next Saturday to pick it up for 10% less. Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Awesome! So they had one in stock? What luck! If you're getting a 10% discount, don't ride the clerk too much. Look at it this way, you're waiting a few days to get $65 worth of ammo free!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Lutheranpriest,

I got it!! Went today and did the 45 mile drive again after I confirmed it was ready! They took 5% off and gave me some $10 gift cards for my troubles. It's home with me now. Can't wait until I can go to the range next weekend. Thanks so much for the info! From one fellow Lutheran to another, God Bless!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Lutheranpriest,

I got it!! Went today and did the 45 mile drive again after I confirmed it was ready! They took 5% off and gave me some $10 gift cards for my troubles. It's home with me now. Can't wait until I can go to the range next weekend. Thanks so much for the info! From one fellow Lutheran to another, God Bless!
Glad to help! Heck, if I would have known you were a Lutheran, I would have given you mine. Oh well, too late. :lol: But seriously, congratulations. However, I should require a $50 finders fee, since I'm no longer the only guy on the forums that has the Tactical DE/Stainless. Hope you enjoy her, I know I do mine! Now if this dang weather would quit, I could get out and shoot! Currently -3, was -10 earlier and -40 with the wind chill.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm thinking I'm going to be getting another XD .45. A Tactical Compact I think. Then I can mix and match. Have a Compact Frame Service in Stainless and black or OD, and have 5" Tactical in Dark and black.... Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shot it today, finally! Wow, I think I like it better than my XDM 40. Awesome gun!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts