Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was possibly considering getting crimson laser grips for my .40. From the pics I have seen It will fit most paddle holsters with no problem. Just wanted someones views with personal experience.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yes. Have one. Like it. Has not affected holster. Would recommend it.

Read some of my past post for more info.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I guess I am the odd man out here.

I had a CT laser grip on my SIG 229 and hated it. I could not easily reach the switch with my fingers and when I did it threw my grip off. I found my self chasing the dot all over the target. I am told that practice would have solved that problem. I carried in a Safepacker and it would turn the finger switch on. So I had to turn the master switch off so it would not run the battery down.
That is no good!

I took them off, sold them and have never looked back. Lasers may be alright for some people, they are just not for me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I guess I am the odd man out here.

I had a CT laser grip on my SIG 229 and hated it. I could not easily reach the switch with my fingers and when I did it threw my grip off.....
Interesting to me as I have a 229 and was considering CT grips for it. Have CT grips on my j-frame and like them quite a bit. Where is the activation switch for the 229 grips? On the j-frame CT grips it's where the middle finger grips the frame right under the trigger guard and is completely natural.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
The finger switch for the grips I had, about 3 years ago, had the activation switchs on the side on the grip. It was made to be activated by the finger tips. With at addition of the grips the PG became too large for my hand.

I just go back from a gun shop that has the XD CT . I liked it. The activation grip is in the center of the from grip strap where it should be. They felt good and the gun still fit my hand.

So I might be eating crow on this one. :oops:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
CT's on my j-frame and my GI 1911. I like'em. Can't say I can't live with out them, but they're fun and useful. The 1911 model has the cool factor. It's black with grey flames going up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have the ctc on my xdsc40 and love it.. no probs with holsters thus far.. the activation swith is under the trigger guard and is activated every time you wrap you paw aound the gun.. also has a on/off button for storage or if you dont want it on everytime you hold the gun.. check some of the other threads there are some pics..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts