Springfield XD Forum banner

Does anbody use Miltec

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ken_mays 
#1 ·
Is it worth the price. What else do you use.

#2 ·
I use the grease on my slide rails, but not the oil. It works OK, but there are other things that work better for me. I generally like Eezox or Breakfree CLP for cleaning and lubrication, and Armadillo for rust protection. I've heard some good things about CorrosionX, and I've got a bottle of that on the way to see if it's as good as I hear. I'd still rather use Hoppes #9 and Hoppes gun oil than Militec.

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I use BreakFree on all my guns as a cleaner/lube and just recently started to use armadillo as rust protectant. I have heard the XD should have grease on the rails because they are plastic, but most of you are saying no grease only use the oil. So if I already use BreakFree, am I gaining anything by useing another oil (miltec) on the rails?

#8 ·
I tried the samples and was happy with the product overall. A buddy of mine who is now in Iraq was lamenting about running his weapons dry because of the blowing sand (or something). I sent him my samples and he has reported favorable results.

Apparently it bakes itself into the metal, and then you can wipe it off of the moving parts while maintaining lubrication. I was unable to get any armadillo to him before he went overseas.

Tom

#9 ·
I got a sample of the oil and grease.

I don't use it anymore because the oil wasn't as slick as others such as FP10 and Tetra. I think that whole "baking into the metal" thing is a bunch of BS. I'm no oil expert but I am pretty sure that it goes against the whole concept of lubrication, which is to have a cushioning film of lubricant between moving parts to decrease wear.

Add in the fact that it is a poor protectant and I don't know why anyone uses it. I am certainly not going to pay for it when I can get products for less or the same money that are proven to work better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.