Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Cook's iwb holster on order, and my OC holster of choice is a Serpa. I can't seem to find a Serpa for the mod.2 specifically though. Has anyone tried the Serpa for the original XD? I'm just not sure because the trigger guard is so different.

Thanks...

Sent from my GALAXY Note 3 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got a Cook's iwb holster on order, and my OC holster of choice is a Serpa. I can't seem to find a Serpa for the mod.2 specifically though. Has anyone tried the Serpa for the original XD? I'm just not sure because the trigger guard is so different.

Thanks...

I don't know the answer to your question however I would like to know as well.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
According to Springfield, most if not all holsters on the market will work for the MOD.2 if they are designed for the XDsc. As for the redesign of the trigger guard it looks like the front has been rounded off rather than having a molded place for a finger.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for the redesign of the trigger guard it looks like the front has been rounded off rather than having a molded place for a finger.
Exactly, and the action of the Serpa and how the gun clips onto it is why I wonder. That trigger redesign may affect it's function. That's why I'm asking if anyone has tried it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can someone post the part number for the correct serpa for the mod.2? The Blackhawks message read as the correct one would be the xdm compact, that seems odd I figured it would be the xd subcompact serpa. Well anyways someone out there please clarify. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the serpa that was made for the original xd subcompact 3". The part number for the right handed model is Product Number: 410531BK-R

For whatever reason I was surprised to find Walmart.com stocks this holster. I will easily be able to return it if there is a problem. I will update in a week or so.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
A lot of warnings out about serpa holsters and some ranges won't allow them:
That's true enough, but IMO Tex's ND was due to improper use of his index finger. (Training issue.)

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Oh you'll get no argument from me over that, my next retention holster most likely will be from SafariLand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To each his own I guess but the question was if there was a serpa that fits it. The serpa is not the best for all situations but it is great for some. I personally like that it can be made to attach to molle you could have this right on a chest rig. They also make a great thigh rig that it can mount to. It's whole system. Not really my preference for conceal carry tho. I did practice often with this holster and my fingers never even came close to going in the trigger guard even when I tried to force my finger down it was still impossible. Your habit should slways be to keep that finger strait. Perhaps this is not the same for all models but in the case of the mod2 your finger will be exactly in the position it should be when holding a firearm. We are living in good times with all the options we have to consider.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.