Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an article once called "5 reasons you secretly want a zombie apocalypse". I found a copy here:
5 Reasons You Secretly Want a Zombie Apocalypse :: WRAL.com

It made me think how despite the fact that my logical side knows an EMP taking everything out would be terrible and I would miss hot showers and air-conditioning and Chipotle burritos and medicine and Internet and all the other modern comforts there is still a part of me that yearns at some level to go back to a time before I was felt up by TSA or was stressed that I no longer had the latest version of the iPhone or worked a job making Power Point slides all day or the hundred other things that I don't miss when I am out camping with my buddies.

Again like I started this with the logical me knows this would get real old real quick but have any of you felt at some level like you wouldn't mind a "simpler" life?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I feel the exact same way you do. All the daily grind stuff gets real old some days and an extended period without some of the things we take for granted would certainly teach some of us how to live a better life.

Plus I want to shoot zombies and go on raids for food...

·
Registered
763 Posts
The Outdoor Channel had a crazy show on last night about the Zombie Apocolypse. It was really interesting to see the weapons they used to kill the zombies but the acting was horrible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
No I do not.

It is one thing to be prepared for natural disaster scenarios. Having preps ready is easy and should be more of a common practice by everyone that doesn't already do so. Even having 1+ year supply of food is tangible by most. I do not think, however, that a world without rule of law would be "fun" or "simpler". Anyone who has witnessed first hand these types of places knows that they are sh***y. Everything about daily life is sh***y. Food, water, housing, hygiene, transportation and communication. Many will also tell you that it is quite depressing. I hate to think that some people here could actually beleive it would be a "simpler life". If worrying about where your next meal comes from, or if the water you are about to drink is clean enough. Trying to stay warm or dry. It would be sh***y and nothing like camping out for the weekend with your buddies.

I understand some of you will say that you are prepared and wouldn't have to worry about where your next meal comes from, or worry about the water you are drinking. You will have the upper hand for a while, but there will be others not so prepared asking for help. You will have to live with the choices you make. There is nothing fun or simple about that.

Now zombies on the other hand... Could make a great reality TV show. :p

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
No, I dont. I really like most of our modern conviences. If you want to live like the 1800's again, you can do that at any point. But if you destroy everything modern, you cant just bring it all back instantly.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
No, I don't want to go back to the 1800's, but yes, to take out some zombies or so called zombies would be a rush for a while. But that too would probably get old real quick

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
NO...do ya want to go back to Medieval Times?? :evil:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I'm conflicted. I enjoy much of the modern convenience available. On the other hand, hardly a day goes by when I don't think the "herd could use a little thinning". Our society molly-coddles the unproductive and places undue burdens on those who contribute more than average. I wouldn't mind seeing that reversed in some way.

Sure, an entirely self-sustained lifestyle is difficult, but my family lived that way for most of my formative years so I'm not afraid of it.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
While I don't even want to think about some sort of "Mad Max" type of future....I admit that I believe this country is ripe for a revolution.

We have a political system that protects the system and cares not at all about us. We have debt that has been ramped up and the rulers have no intentions of slowing down or paying any of it off.

If we ARE going to have a revolution....I wish that it takes place sooner, than later. I want to be young enough to be able to help and enjoy what happens afterwards.

Doubt that it will happen?

Well, remember that the FIRST revolution was carried out by maybe 15% of the population. Some believe that everyone rose up against the British. Not true...not even close.

I also believe that nothing else will truly change anything in this country. Replacing D's with R's or organizing and carrying around the Gasden Flag is just not going to cut it. The systems knows WHY we are angry and a few landslide mid term elections will not change a damn thing.

The sooner we get on with this and get it over with...the easier it will be. Waiting only increases the amount of hardship we will eventually face in doing so.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm conflicted. I enjoy much of the modern convenience available. On the other hand, hardly a day goes by when I don't think the "herd could use a little thinning". Our society molly-coddles the unproductive and places undue burdens on those who contribute more than average. I wouldn't mind seeing that reversed in some way.

Sure, an entirely self-sustained lifestyle is difficult, but my family lived that way for most of my formative years so I'm not afraid of it.
Of course, if this were a Twilight Zone episode, right after we change society to get rid of the unproductive, you'd be hit by a bus, paralyzed and thus sent off to your doom as part of the new "herd thinning".

·
Registered
52 Posts
no desire for this, even a bit. but be prepared.

If anybody wants a post-apo lifestyle in a pre-apo world, go for it. Choices are what make the USA better than most other nations, even if you choose to try and live without support from the outside world. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts