Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who has been a undercover officer for about 10 years, and we were talking about carry permits, and we both agreed that they are pretty much worthless around our area because everywhere they are starting to post the no concealed weapon sign.

Who is going to walk up to a store, get to the door, see the "No Concealed Weapons" sign....go back to the car put the gun away, then walk back into the store? Does anyone acutally do this?? :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
I comply with State law regarding signs. I return to my vehicle and go patronize another retail establishment that isn't anti CC. You can also drop a letter in the mail to them explaining that since they have chosen to only allow criminals that do not comply with the law into their establishment, you will take your money elsewhere that has a safer shopping environment.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I walk up to the store, knock on the door, ask for the manager, and hand him two cards. One card has my name, etc. The other card is my version of the "No CHL = No money" card (which I print up myself at home) and then turn and walk away without further comment. There is nothing in there that I can't buy in a friendlier place.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree...I hate to spend hard earned money at a place that would rather some thug come in there carrying mexican and pull it out and start shooting, than to allow someone who has went through the proper training courses, who pays their $80 a year to bring their concealed gun into the place.

Im pretty posting that sign there has ever stopped someone from robbing the place, also...if someone has spend the money on the training class, the CCW, and been finger printed...more then likely their not going to rob the place to start with. It has only put a hassle on people who is trying to protect themselves and their family.

If I choose to put my gun back into the car, and someone followed me into the store and started shooting people...I would really really regret putting the gun back. Rather...if they came into the store and started shooting people, and I was able to stop it....I would have possibly saved lives....just have to live with killing someone and have to explain myself to the law.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Jim, I was trying to find the link to the cards you made up that you posted before. Can you help a brother out?
Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
TeamXD said:
I agree with R Dub. 100% Lord knows that we dont want our hard earned money stollen by a (" Thug Carring Mexican" ) because thats the only ethnic group that dose these kind of unlawful things haw hextex! (Not.)
Somone please correct me, but i think the guy was refering to carrying a gun in one's wasteband or belt, which is sometimes called "carrying it mexican style", like you see in the movies when they have 2 revolvers poking out from their waist.

·
Registered
42 Posts
At least you guys can get a CCW permit, living in New Jersey it's not an advantage I'm afforded.

However, I would assume that if you live in a state that has enacted a CCW law that requires you to be trained, finger printed, background searched, qualified, and charged a fee, then you have earned certain rights that can not be violated by some piss ant store manager who is anti gun. The whole premis of "concealed carry" is that you pack a weapon that can not be seen by the average person on the street. Therefore the moron that posted the "no guns" sign shouldn't know who has one and who doesn't.

It is an afront to our beliefs in personal protection, however some merchants buy into the scare tactics of the anti gun left, and post these signs thinking it'll make their anti gun liberal customers feel safer going in there. They do this without any fore though as to how it will offend those of us who believe otherwise.

You have 3 basic choices.....remove your gun before entering....(wouldn't be my first choice)...Enter with your concealed weapon, make your transaction and leave without making an issue of it, or go somewhere's else to do your business. Making an issue about it with the management will only add fuel to the fire for the anti gun people who will use every oppertunity to turn it against you.

Just remember guys, you all have the right to carry, many of us here do not, and living where we do, probably never will....appriciate what you got, and don't sweat the small stuff......

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Somone please correct me, but i think the guy was refering to carrying a gun in one's wasteband or belt, which is sometimes called "carrying it mexican style", like you see in the movies when they have 2 revolvers poking out from their waist.

Yes that's what I ment. Sorry I should of said "mexican style".

I only say that because just two weeks ago, I was walking behind a guy(who wasn't Mexican) and I heard something hit the floor, and I looked down and a pistol had slipped out of his wasteband, and down his pants leg and hit the floor, when I mad that post I thought of that happening and it popped in my head.

·
Registered
81 Posts
synchro said:
TeamXD said:
I agree with R Dub. 100% Lord knows that we dont want our hard earned money stollen by a (" Thug Carring Mexican" ) because thats the only ethnic group that dose these kind of unlawful things haw hextex! (Not.)
That's the way I read it. I'm sure hextex meant inside the waistband without a holster.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tony I agree with you as well...and that was my whole basis of this topic... If one has paid the money, went through the proccess...they should be able to Conceal and carry it where ever

Someone goes through a similar proccess to be able to drive...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tony, I chose the second option. I feel by posting the sign it is an invitation to criminals because there are no weapons in the store.

·
Registered
6 Posts
See, here in Alaska anyone can carry, at anytime. Theres no law that says you cant, anyone over the gae of 21 could carry. so we have a few places that will say no to it, and sometimes its okay. Our sportsmans wharehouse wants you to check it in at the front desk and im totally fine with that. But otherwise theres more people than they could stop from carrying. No one would have business if they did somethng like that!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I spent 4 years in alaska too at Eielson AFB and the thing I got a kick out of was the signs on the banks front doors asking you to "Please remove your ski masks before entering". :lol:

·
Registered
347 Posts
hextex said:
I have a friend who has been a undercover officer for about 10 years, and we were talking about carry permits, and we both agreed that they are pretty much worthless around our area because everywhere they are starting to post the no concealed weapon sign.

Who is going to walk up to a store, get to the door, see the "No Concealed Weapons" sign....go back to the car put the gun away, then walk back into the store? Does anyone acutally do this?? :roll:

How much legal force tdo those "No Concealed Weapons" signs have? In Texas the only sign that has any legal standing is the the '30.06' sign.

" (1) a card or "other document" that has written language "identical" to the following:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun;" or

(2) A sign posted on the property that:
(a) "includes" the above language in both English and Spanish;
(b) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(c) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public. "

Anything else (like those little 'gun with a slash through it' signs) have no standing at all. They mean nothing (except that the person who up it up is an idiot) and I pay no attention to them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In Missouri, it's similar to what orc4hire said. The sign must be of a certain size, printed with a font of a minimum size and placed in clear view as well; anything else is meaningless.

It is also worth mentioning, though, that the sign (in Missouri atleast) does not make it illegal to enter with a gun except in explicitly illegal places like government buildings, schools etc. If you enter with a gun and they find out, they can ask you to leave but you are not in violation of any law unless you refuse to go; even then it's just trespassing.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
orc4hire said:
hextex said:

How much legal force tdo those "No Concealed Weapons" signs have? In Texas the only sign that has any legal standing is the the '30.06' sign.

" (1) a card or "other document" that has written language "identical" to the following:

"Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun;" or

(2) A sign posted on the property that:
(a) "includes" the above language in both English and Spanish;
(b) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(c) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public. "

Anything else (like those little 'gun with a slash through it' signs) have no standing at all. They mean nothing (except that the person who up it up is an idiot) and I pay no attention to them.
So those are the signs I been shooting at. Hope it's not against the law. :wink:

·
Registered
219 Posts
If it is concealed then how are they going to know you have it on you? As far as buisnesses and such with "no concealed guns" signs I ignore them and go ahead and carry. In Oklahoma if you get caught carrying in such places then it isnt even a gun violation. All they can do is wright you a tresspassing citation which is like a $20 fine or something. Then again if you get caught with it then you wernt concealing it in the first place. The last thing I will do is take it off to comply with a buisnesses rule, if it came to that then I would turn around and go elsewhere.

My bank put those signs up not to long ago, The first thing I thought was "Nothing says rob me better then a NO GUNS sign". I started to let the bank know how I felt about it but then decided it might draw to much attention to myself and I really didnt feel like having to change banks, So I just go ahead and carry concealed anyway.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts