Springfield XD Forum banner

Do you own a gun safe?

• Absolutley, where else would I put my firearms?

• Yes, but now that I own one I think they are a waste of space and money.

• No, they are a waste of space and money!!

• No but I really want one!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you own a gun safe?

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I don't have room for a big gun safe so I bought a few small safes and bought one of those bike security chains that you cant cut. Ran it under the safes and screwed the safes down so you cant get the chain out, then use the chain and put it through the triggers of each rifle I have. The hand guns go in the safe. Some day I will movie into a house and be able to get a big safe for everything.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I said no but I want one, which is half true. I do have a biometric safe but it will not hold all my pistols or my rifle.

I am currently living with relatives while trying to find a house to buy, but I will have a big safe when I finally settle on a house.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Mine is a Beautiful 24 gun safe Winchester wrote in gold cursive writing across the front; however, it has the popular but crappy LG digital pad locking mechanism.
First it locked me out, and my guns in! (thank goodness I don't store all of my weapons i it) The locksmith came out and violated it, and had his way with it. Now it's at his shop being repaired.
I laid away a Liberty 28 "no touch" gun safe. It's much bigger than most 24 - 28 safes. This safe has a SG dial & key lock!
Anybody wanna buy a really pretty safe??

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Yep...American Security (AmSec) and very happy with it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Not if it is going to lock my guns in and me out lol

Mine is a Beautiful 24 gun safe Winchester wrote in gold cursive writing across the front; however, it has the popular but crappy LG digital pad locking mechanism.
First it locked me out, and my guns in! (thank goodness I don't store all of my weapons i it) The locksmith came out and violated it, and had his way with it. Now it's at his shop being repaired.
I laid away a Liberty 28 "no touch" gun safe. It's much bigger than most 24 - 28 safes. This safe has a SG dial & key lock!
Anybody wanna buy a really pretty safe??

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I own a 28 gun safe. Mainly bought it because of underage visitors. I have grown to really like using a safe. Unlocked when I am home, and locked everytime I leave.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Comes with a 30 minute guarantee. It'll work 30 minutes before I ship it.
YOu might want to extend that to a 30/30 warranty....

30 minutes before you ship it, or 30' before it leaves your door :p

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Yes.

In my opinion if you own firearms it's your obligation to take at least basic measures to insure they don't fall into the wrong hands.

Plus, possibly the worst situation you could come home to is a burglar in your house, who will now shoot you with YOUR gun

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's not big enough (6 gun) but it holds 13 long guns and a few asst items....

I could not live with myself to come home from duty and find out someone I love accidentally shot themselves.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Yes. If you can afford it and definitely if you have kids around, it is definitely a wise investment if you want my opinion.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Of course. My long gun safe is getting too full, so it is time for safe #2 or a bigger safe #1. I also have multiple handgun safes as it is just easier to add them as needed.

I also have a couple of single gun / quick open safes for me and my wife's "at home" guns.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I actually share one with my father until I get enough $$$ for one, but as a result my firearms have filled up his safe and overflowed.

Currently only a few of my firearms are in his safe for lack of room.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Yes, but it's not big enough to hold all the guns I want to get, so I'll be looking into these: Gun Storage Solutions

I already have some of the handgun hangers. This stuff is a bit pricey for the simplicity of it, but it's a good idea that some DIYers might latch onto.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Just had one delivered last week, a Liberty 25. I can't describe how it felt to get the weight of having them hidden around the house off my shoulders. Now I know someone will really have to work to get at them, kids included.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts