Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very careful in handeling my gun. Probably because I have a great respect for firearms, and also that the firearms I have had in the past, have not been the quality of the XD. I was just wondering you you all take care of your HS2000/XD

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
It slams shut every time you squeeze off a round. With that #22 spring in there, though, mine REALLY slams shut.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Though... it's definitely slowed down when chambering a new round... it slams shut with a little more force when there is no round chambered.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Though... it's definitely slowed down when chambering a new round... it slams shut with a little more force when there is no round chambered.
True
It slams shut every time you squeeze off a round. With that #22 spring in there, though, mine REALLY slams shut
True!
Nothing you can do with your hands to your pistol will be more energetic than what happens when it fires a cartridge.
VERY TRUE!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I read his question as: When the gun is empty, do you let the slide slam shut?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yep, empty or full, I let her fly! :) Figure if it can't take that, I need a different gun.

Matthew

·
Registered
539 Posts
I try to avoid wearing the slide stop mechanism, but I don't "ease the slide into place". I usually pull it back slingshot style and let her rip.

·
Registered
768 Posts
yes it needs to slam to chamber the round properly and for sure.
i ease it forward when it's unloaded.
i've taken to the slingshot and don't use the slide release lever.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
I too use the slingshot method, leaving the slide stop for it's intended purpose. Not to say that you can't use it to release the slide.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I was taught to never "ride" the slide. Pull it back and let go or use the slidelock to release it. Riding the slide can cause malfunctions and in the case of a weak spring actualy prevent the gun from going into battery. Always let you slide slam home, it does so during the firing cycle so why try and pamper it.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
i personally like the tight snap the #22 spring provides in mine....especially when fired

1 - 20 of 35 Posts