Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Yes all loaded, most to capacity but some down one.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Always. First thing I do when returning from the range is wipe 'em down and reload. And each gun has a lot of spare mags.

Buy more mags. 4 is a starter plan.

Besides, it cuts down on or eliminates spending range time reloading mags.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Carry three fully loaded + one in the chamber...

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
Carry mag and spare always loaded and carry +1.

All my spares that reside in the safe are not loaded. Not because of any reason about spring wear as that is BS.

Just I dont leave loaded weapons in my safe.

Why are you guys “less one to reduce tension” some one fed y’all bs about springs I see.

Springs do not weaken from being in a compressed state they weaken from “cycles”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
182 Posts
I have 5 magazines for each semi. Whether I target shot more often or not, I just only keep one extra magazine loaded for each pistol along with the one that’s loaded into each gun because when I target shoot, I don’t shoot up all my defensive ammo. ****’s too expensive for that so rather than having to empty out the hollow-points every time I go shoot or having to empty out all the FMJ’s when I’m done shooting and reload with the defense rounds, I just leave them all empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,790 Posts
If it's one of my defense guns, yes mags are fully loaded. Range or target guns no, I load them before I shoot.

No reason not to fully load your mags by the way.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Pistol mags? Seems I have four or five out of a ton that are always loaded, different mag capacities. The rest, I keep unloaded for range time use. My dedicated carry mags (one in pistol and one spare, and usually another in the center console) are always loaded. Rifle mags? Since it's illegal to travel with a loaded rifle in the vehicle in Michigan, most are left unloaded, but I think I have five or so AR mags loaded at home for defensive purposes. Those just stay home and empties go on the road to the range.

·
Registered
17,695 Posts
Keep the mags loaded, never know when you will need one in a hurry as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
I load mine usually when I get back from range. I have 4 mags with range ammo and one with hollow points for each gun. With the shortage of ammo, I shoot all my mags at the range and then leave. That is the best way to conserve ammo right now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No, I leave all my mags unloaded, unless the threat level is high , I dont feel the need keep my mags loaded , but I keep ammo & speed loaders close by if needed, if there was civil unrest in my area, I would keep a few loaded.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts