• Yes, and they know it.

• Yes, and they don't know it.

• No, but wish I could.

• I don't work because I'm a bum.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I carried for a while, but the thunderwear and XD slappin' my boys when I'd walk across the warehouse just sucked.

Won't again 'til I own a smaller pistola.

I love that their policy is no firearms, and they have really tight security, but they themselves do not carry. So when someone does come in to go postal, that person can take their time with the 300+ people in one huge cubicle-filled room with one small exit. That bothers the **** out of me.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I do when I am going to be there alone. If I know I have a long day where I will be the only person in the shop after a given point, I will put the gun in the car and retrieve it after everyone is gone, or if I have to come back late at night or work by myself over weekends to keep our cnc machines running, I will carry. We have a no guns policy in the employee handbook, but being as we a so small and I am the owner's son (not to mention I run the place 80% of the time anyway) we reached an understanding on it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Of course. My boss lets me carry whatever I feel like, so long as I don't alarm the customers.

I admit, it helps that I'm self-employed and my own boss....

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Well you didnt put a "sometimes" option in there.
I work for a small company and we are a no firearms workplace but after having my home shot at after terminating someones employment, I carry on occasion, normaly for a week after I terminate someone. Seeing as how I'm on top of the foodchain here and the only person I have to answer to is the owner, I dont think its a huge issue. If he found out he would just ask me to not do it anymore. My office manager carries her .357 Lady Smith during the same time period if Im not in the office with mine.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Hell yes!

This is the eastside of Houston on the ship channel. I don't carry on my person, but have a 12 gauge pump in the office and another 12 gauge pump in the trunk of the Volvo, for when I travel round outside the office. We have not had any trouble, because we all carry either in our cars or on our persons and we encourage our employees to carry on site as well.

I have carried my XD-40 or the Hi-Power on my person if I am going to work after dark or on weekends, when few people are around.

A white guy in a Volvo definately stand out in our plant's neighborhood and this is a fairly high crime area. I take no chances.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
garyk said:
Nope, not allowed. Stupid policy. Also no guns in private vehicles in parking lot. Screw that!
That wouldn't fly around here. too many guys in this trade (or more accurately, in this area) go hunting/shooting for a couple hrs after work on occasion. Stupid not to allow them in the car so long as the boss is notified in the morning.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nope, not allowed. I work at a state university.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i'm not allowed to have a personal handgun on site even if it's locked in my car. hunting rifles and shotguns are cool, as long as its "for hunting." its a gay policy.

"having a loaded 12 gauge in your trunk is cool...but a loaded 9mm in your glove box isn't."

gayness.

:roll:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
No, bacause work does not allow it. I carry everywhere else though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
Well you didnt put a "sometimes" option in there.
I work for a small company and we are a no firearms workplace but after having my home shot at after terminating someones employment, I carry on occasion, normaly for a week after I terminate someone.
+1......and today is the 1st day for a week..... :shock:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I am a house hubby so I don't have to worry about it.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I work at a university...no carry there...

·
Registered
397 Posts
My boss will let me carry, heck sometimes he does.

The only problem I have is trying to hide my XD on my person.......so I don't carry....yet.

I want to get a smaller gun, but that will have to wait a while.........

1 - 20 of 34 Posts