Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to see if anybody on here buys ammo for guns they dont own at the monent. My buddy makes fun of me for buying AK rds when I dont own A AK yet, I plan on buying one but if I see AK ammo on sale for 4.99 a box im going to buy it. I know Im going to shoot it

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Not usually, but I wouldn't rule it out. I was given 500rds of 357sig by a freind. That made me go get a bbl for my USP then I ended up buying an entire gun & dies. It's an addiction to be sure.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Only time I ever have, is when I bought rounds to go shooting with a buddy of mine, then we didn't end up actually going out for 4 or 5 months after I bought the rounds for his guns. Like you, it didn't really bother me much because I knew they would get shot eventually.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If its at a good price I will buy ammo for anything. More than not its for a gun i plan on getting but in a SHTF situation people will need ammo so you could always bargain with it or if you out last people you never know what you might come across in terms of weapons. That said i don't over stock for guns i don't own or plan on owning.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Usually I do if its for a gun i plan on buying, or if i plan on shooting a friends gun alot.

Im all about being prepared for SHTF and whatnot but I think loading up on ammo for a gun you dont plan on owning is over the top. You should have enough ammo for the guns you DO own to last you a very long time, imo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a box of 9 last week and I don't own one. But my dad does, Glock 26 I think, and I'm heading up there soon. Noone likes to shoot it so I need to see if I need it :D

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I buy 32S&W Long all the time, and I do not own one. I do fire all of it from my 1895 Nagant though. It actually shoots Magtech 98 grain LRN more accurate than actual 7.62x38R of any make, even the Russian stuff.

Does that count?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I would buy ammo i didnt need if it was cheap, but as it is i cant afford ammo for the guns i own LOL!

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I got a couple of boxes of 6.5 Grendel rounds and empty cases for reloading, then had to cancel my Grendel order...still hoping to get one some day so I still have them all downstairs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
No, but its an interesting idea and now that you mention it I may start buying some .22 ammo when I pick up 9mm ammo. I plan on getting a couple of .22's, a pistol and and a rifle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts