Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the habbit now of throwing this gun, in usualy its xd holster, (but always in a holster that will stay on when tossed) acrost the room on to my bed. i dont beleave it will go off, but....

it just walk into my room, take it off, toss it onto the bed, grab it when i leave. sometimes iv thrown it up to ten feet.

i toss it with a spinn, so it is rotating around its horonizal axis, as to land on its side.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
THAT IS NO WAY TO TREAT A FIREARM! It was designed and built for this, but that is now way to treat it. Do you throw women across the room? I hope not. That was a little harsh, maybe. Seriously though, it is designed for that, but why subject it to that. The other possibility is knocking the sights out of alignment for no reason. I would never do this to a firearm unless there are extenuating circumstances. I wouldn't say you trust it too much, it's not going to go off, but you certainly are abusing it.

·
Premium Member
127,093 Posts
May I ask, "Why?" :confused:

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
geez guys, why don't just whip this guy and get it over with... Yes, your firearm will be fine! Can your car smoke the tires? Probably, but why chance something to break? I would break that habit.... its unsafe..

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
im in the habbit now of throwing this gun, in usualy its xd holster, (but always in a holster that will stay on when tossed) acrost the room on to my bed. i dont beleave it will go off, but....

it just walk into my room, take it off, toss it onto the bed, grab it when i leave. sometimes iv thrown it up to ten feet.

i toss it with a spinn, so it is rotating around its horonizal axis, as to land on its side.

If the gun is not in your immediate control it should be stationary.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Trollin' trollin' trollin on the river.......

·
Registered
107 Posts
It probably will never go off just by tossing it. HOWEVER, how would you feel if it did? Seems to me like 10 feet isn't too far to walk over and set it down. There is never a good reason to throw a firearm.

Actually, maybe you could throw it if you just emptied a magazine into a wild rabid grizzly bear and it was still running after you and its the only thing you had to throw at it.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
If the gun is not in your immediate control it should be stationary.
They should add this to the manual.

Sloan
+1000 Sure, it's not unsafe necessarily, but it's a bad habit. Carrying a firearm comes with a lot of responsibility and a high level of respect for guns in general. Tossing your gun around shows a lack of respect for it and a lapse in basic firearm safety.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
You have 5 posts and one is about a lethal Frisbee. If I caught one of my kids treating a firearm like that, it would be the last time he got to touch one in my house.

You are either trolling or have much to learn.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
before i trusted carrying +1 i took my xd mag full and loaded a snap cap in the chamber. i held it up to my ceiling which is about 10' made sure the striker was cocked and droped it 10 times on a plank of oak to to make sure if i fell down it wouldnt go off. no damage at all, and it never "fired" i had to cringe each time i droped it but i felt the risk of damage to the gun was worth it to know for sure that the gun wasn't going to fire into my "junk" which is where i usually carry the gun.

but i wont do it again. and i treat my gun like a baby now. (to be honest i kissed it after i test dropped it, i felt bad for treating her that way)

so the point of this is. sure the gun can take it but why? treat your guns right and they will treat you right. a 10 foot walk isnt worth it going off or damaging the gun. just walk the ten feet for Christs sake

·
Premium Member
746 Posts

How about if you treat your gun like you would a friend. It might not do any harm to the gun but by so doing, you're psych is developing a careless attitude toward an object that may well prove to be the one that saves your A$$ someday.
Maybe you're on the wrong forum. We respect our XDs and our other weapons. We take pride in their ability to preserve or to destroy, as seen fit by the possessor. We store our weapons, not throw them at anytime for any reason. They are our extended selves, our security blankets and might be our salvation one of these days.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts

Sounds to me like you don't need to own a firearm of any kind!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
the OP has to be joking. i mean seriously.. tossing a firearm is just unsafe, you open the door to the accidental discharge. and even if you dont ever experience one from throwing it around, that just shows your too trusting that it wont go off doing something else.

cheers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts