Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm some what new to the forum. I've been reading posts for month but haven’t made many myself.

I picked up my XD 9 Service a week ago and am very happy with it. :lol: It's my first firearm and don't have a lot of experience so I'm not the best shot. I know of course practice makes perfect (or a least better :) ) Though I'm wondering if I should consider getting different sights or just learning how to shoot with the stock sights? Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times, if so just direct me to a different thread... Thanks

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hmm, I find the stock sights just fine. I have replaced mine on the XD-9 Service but for a different reason. The XD-9 service is my carry gun and so tritium sights were a must. The Ameri-Glo H3 sights I got through the group buy here at Pistol Gear and work great for low light shooting (had a chance to test them out at a low light tactical event a couple off weeks back). My XD-9 Tactical has stock sights though. The gun is only as good as the shooter, no matter how many tweaks you add to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
manygunner said:
The gun is only as good as the shooter, no matter how many tweaks you add to it.
No doubt. Practice, practice, practice, and safety first. Look around here, in magazines and on the web for detailed advice on improving your shot.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Williams Firesights make a huge difference, for about 40 bucks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
learning to shoot the handgun properly is paramount, the best sights in the world won't do you any good if you don't know how to support the weapon and properly sqeeze the trigger.

·
Registered
219 Posts
RonS said:
Spend the money on ammo.
X2

I would spend more time learning the gun the way it is before doing anything to it. After time and lots of practice if you still feel you need to do something to the gun the then go from there. I have 3 XD's all with stock sights and would only consider putting some night sights on my carry peice but only for self defense purposes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts