Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 45ACP Service already but this sounds like a deal I cant pass up. A friend of mine called me and told me that he had pawned his xd40sc that he had bought 2 weeks earlier, I know when he bought it, and he hasn't even Loaded it yet. He pawned it for $150, the money is due Thursday, he said he doesn't want to spend the money to get it out, he said if I wanted to pay the $150 plus the 10% charge so $165 and he will just let me keep it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I may do that I am just not a big fan of the 40, I am a 45 kinda guy, but who knows I may keep it just another to add to the collection, 160 bucks is nothing for a quality firearm.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
absolutely buy it. thats super cheap and you could turn around and sell it if for a huge profit if you dont end up wanting it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't believe you have to think about it...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can't believe you have to think about it...

Yea, I would of swoop up on that deal in a heart beat I also can't believe you have to think about it. That price is a steal! XDs lifetime warranty as well so no worries. SA will always make sure that thing goes BANG!

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Wow for $!65, sweet deal - by all means buy it

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I would pay your bud at least $250+ for it if you have the cash. For $165 that is a low blow......

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so I guess all agree I need to buy it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be getting it next week if he still can't afford it, I was mistaken about when it was due.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Thanks for the update........do us all a favor and make sure 1 of you get it......don't let it fall to the pawn shop.....they will mark it up to 500 bucks

Worst case scenerio, if you guys can't afford it....list it up here for 360 and he can make 200 bucks on it.........then he can pick it up and ship it to a member...its a win win

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man I can definatly afford it, this is not the first time he has purchased something brand new then pawned it, they seem to know him. Computers, other electronics, and firearms. He gets paid he spends the money then runs out and pawn shop here he comes. So I don't really feel bad, he will end up letting it go or selling it to someone else for 100-200 dollars. Better me right?

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Yes, DO NOT feel guilty either. If he has a pattern of this behavior, keep extra money on hand for emergencies.
I have a friend that got a free 7K stereo because of another idiot like this. The dude moved out and left it behind. Told my friend he could have it if he wanted. Anything above a 3 on the volume is nearly too much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts