Springfield XD Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I bought a CMMG .22 conversion kit for my AR. It's a inexpensive way to shoot .22s and train with the same AR.
They're not terrible and typically pretty reliable, but the rifling twist doesn't do much for a .22LR accuracy wise. I'm not a fan of something hitting minute of pie plate at 50yds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I keep forgetting I've got a Vortex Sparc AR laying around that needs a home...thinking one of these might be just the ticket for a red dot optic that is fairly annoying to turn on and auto turns itself off...

Probably this one.

Smith & Wesson M&P15 22 SPORT .22 LR 16 COLLAPSIBLE STOCK 25+1S&W M&P15 22 Sport .22LR 16 Collapsible Stock 25+1

That stock and pistol grip will have to go though. I think I've actually got a spare black MOE grip hanging around somewhere...
I think you should get a S&W AR-15 5.56 NATO. Why because S&W

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Did you end up getting one?

I went to the range the other day and seriously thought about just taking the 15-22, just because it was cold out and wasn't sure how long I'd want to shoot for, and I haven't shot on my gun club's dedicated .22 range yet. I ended up taking my 300 Blackout to test out a new trigger instead. :( I've almost forgotten what it's like to shoot it.

·
Registered
19,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Did you end up getting one?

I went to the range the other day and seriously thought about just taking the 15-22, just because it was cold out and wasn't sure how long I'd want to shoot for, and I haven't shot on my gun club's dedicated .22 range yet. I ended up taking my 300 Blackout to test out a new trigger instead. :( I've almost forgotten what it's like to shoot it.
Nah. I may still wind up doing it at some point but I've got a few other stupid ideas in my head before it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts