·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think i should get:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think everyone should own an AR :twisted: , and RRA makes a pretty good one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I voted other. Everyone needs a nice 1911. Get one in .45 ACP, .40SW, 9mm, or even some are out there in .45 GAP. Find a nice 1911, and you won't regret it.

Scott

·
Registered
802 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
WMD's. Why wait?
NeXD,

you got the cat meows when it comes to pistols, XD and Sig. Always about rounding out the collection, I voted the RRA, EBR all the way. You want regret it. But, add another 140-350 for optics if you really want to take advantage of the RRA.

·
Registered
454 Posts
another "other" vote for a M1A or 2 AK clones for price of 1 AR and much more knock down and penetration power, wish our military still used .30 cal instead of .223, and all but 1 of my buds in USMC wishes they had higher cal. One who is with MEU says him and couple of his guys used AK's instead of there 16's while in afghanistan because of performance and power issues.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like my Steyr M9 more and more. Well made, well priced reliable pistols. The ergonomics are great, and, for the money, I think they are an even better buy than the XD ($249 for an M9 @ CDNN).

·
Registered
539 Posts
my vote is with "other"

Since you already have an xd and a sig i think it'd be nice to add even more variety and get a different brand gun. I've recently been considering the HK's USP's. The USP's are some really great guns as well... i haven't shot the compact, but both the standard USP and Expert models are great guns.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I voted RRA AR-15 on the assumption that the only guns you have are the ones in your profile.

I look at it this way; to have a full collection, you need 5 guns:

1. A self defense handgun (XD, Glock, whatever...)
2. A Shotgun (870, 500, 1300...preferably pump)
3. A semi-automatic rifle (e.g., AR-15, AK-47, FAL, M1A...something w/ detachable mags in an intermediate to larger caliber)
4. A long range, solid bolt rifle, preferably w/ scope (in .308 or better ballistics for LONG ranges)
5. A .22lr rifle (10/22, whatever...)

*6. (optional I suppose) A big bore revolver (.44 Mag methinks)

It's my belief that you can do ANYTHING if you have those first 5 guns; any guns after that you're really just getting stuff you want. For that reason, I voted AR-15 -- it fills in a "hole" (as I perceive it) in your collection.

mr0w1

·
Registered
370 Posts
You have three HK options.

SL-8
USC
USP

Do a search on those guns and you will see the most bad ass guns ever! My next gun will be an SL8. The SL8 is the civilian version of the G36 and the USC is the civilian version of the UMP. Then if you get one of those you must let me try them!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
mr0w1 said:
I voted RRA AR-15 on the assumption that the only guns you have are the ones in your profile.

I look at it this way; to have a full collection, you need 5 guns:

1. A self defense handgun (XD, Glock, whatever...)
2. A Shotgun (870, 500, 1300...preferably pump)
3. A semi-automatic rifle (e.g., AR-15, AK-47, FAL, M1A...something w/ detachable mags in an intermediate to larger caliber)
4. A long range, solid bolt rifle, preferably w/ scope (in .308 or better ballistics for LONG ranges)
5. A .22lr rifle (10/22, whatever...)

*6. (optional I suppose) A big bore revolver (.44 Mag methinks)

It's my belief that you can do ANYTHING if you have those first 5 guns; any guns after that you're really just getting stuff you want. For that reason, I voted AR-15 -- it fills in a "hole" (as I perceive it) in your collection.

mr0w1
+1

and get training...

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Do you have a 1911? How about a Hi-Power?

Do you hunt? Maybe a good quality deer rifle or duck gun?

Want to blast for cheap at the range? Hell, you can blast cheaply with an inexpensive SKS...I'd buy something more substantial than an expensive AR variant. Sure, they look cool, but the 223 is very limited in what you can hunt with it.

Most of the guys I see at our range, that have spent big bucks on a col-looking AR, are shooting targets at 50-100yards. Hell, you can do it better and cheaper with a decent bolt action in 223 or 308 and not have to add all that crap to it to make it fly right. I know ARs look cool, but theres so much more you can buy for the outlay of cash, I cannot see paying what they want for a semiauto 223 rifle...and thats all it is.

Want a 22 rifle? I'd go with a CZ bolt action or a Marlin Model 39 lever action. Both are built ten times better than the crappy 10-22 and will out-shoot the 10-22 all day long. They are made of steel and walnut, not cast aluminum, plastic and a birch boat oar stock, like the 10-22. Do you want tiny groups or something that just looks cool? Also, you can't carry around those bull barreled 10-22s for hunting, so to me, they're worthless.

Want a big bore pistol? A Ruger Super Blackhawk or Smith 629 are the top of the heap.

Shotguns? Well if you're wanting a pump-gun and want to buy it new, I'd go with an 870 Remington. Its the most versatile shottie out there.

These are my suggestions.

-Brickboy240

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The XD seems like a hot item in here.....go figure 8)

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I voted RRA entry tactical but get a regular detachable carry handle instead of the UTE. I've only heard bad things about them.

Krackels

1 - 20 of 31 Posts