Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the finishes holding up?
Do they need a constant coat of Eezox or are they good
to go? How about after holstering/unholstering frequently?

·
Registered
182 Posts
like most stainless guns it can rust a little. you need to take care of it. use good oil and a silicon rag.

as for as holstering....haven't really had many problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But does it rid the XD of its reputation of being a rust monster.
Is it far to say as long as you don't neglect it, you'll be fine.
For example, I take my sub out of the safe at least once a week
to make sure its, OK. That's with a good coat of eezox on it after
every cleaning.

This is something I'd like to avoid having to worry about.
I may trade mine in for a Bitone if the deal is right. The question
is would it be cheaper to send it out to be refinished?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got the bi tone for carry because I really liked the xd-9 but I was concerned about the rust issue. After several months shooting and carrying, in Uncle Mikes IWB, no problems. I clean and oil it after every shooting and I occasionally wipe down the slide with Breakfree whenever I think it needs it. I think the key with stainless guns is to treat them just like your blued ones.

·
Registered
218 Posts
my XD sub bi tone has had no rust problems. i live in south eastern michigan (quite humid) and the XD has become my carry weapon since i got it a little less than a year ago. i apply breakfree CLP after every cleaning session and let it sit over night before wiping it off....seems to work.

i need to buy some Eezox tho, just no stores sell it around here...guess i'll have to order it.

if you have a stainless pistol its really easy to remove rust if you ever do get it....skygun sez a nylon scrubbie and CLP will take it right out.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I use breakfree on my .40 service bi-tone and have no rust issues (yet)
I think it is just as everybody says if you put a little effort into the care it sould be fine.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I use Break-free CLP when cleaning after a trip to the range. No hint of rust after 8 months with either one of my XD's. The XD-9 subC Bi-tone looks like it's brand new, but then so does my black service XD-40. :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts