Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding warranty:

I am planning on buying an XD tactical. I know a reputable gunsmith who will be servicing and performing an action job on it. Does this void the entire warranty on the pistol? If so, that could be one expensive action job.

I have no iea what the custom shop can do or how much it will cost. Does anyone know?

Regarding Rust:

How serious is this? Given the potential for a voided warranty, it might make sense to have the same gunsmith take care of whatever rust proofing can be done.

What is the best coating? Is this the entire gun, including action? I hope you understand my concern... I got to hold one of the tacticals at a show today. Wow.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
it ill void the warrenty for anything rleated to the work that was done.

I think rust is a problem, but might be overrated. Alot ofguys are rust free using some good care and various CLP's.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Blue Wonder Armadillo...no more rusting potential. :) Pistol-Gear has some I think, as well as XD-HS2000.com, all the folks I've seen on here who have armadillo'd their XD hasn't had a rust issue.

Matthew

·
Registered
252 Posts
lots of armadillo=no rust

That should clear up that issue :wink:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Keep in mind there are plenty of XD owners without any rust issues, even without taking any real preventative maintenance to it. I clean my gun every few hundred rounds / once a month, whichever comes first... I wipe it down slightly with some Eezox after cleaning, and haven't had any hints of rust. Then again, I don't carry it, so I can't say how concealed carry / body sweat would affect my XD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts