Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!

This is my first post. I knew if anyone would know, you would.

I have limited gun smithing experience. Currently I am working on my KelTec P-3AT mag release, which involves tearing the gun apart.

My son and I hope to work on an AR-15 build together (my 1st).

Now, as for the XD trigger, my plan involves limited the over/under travel and crisping up the trigger.

I have seen the Springer kit, which involves the trigger bar and sear, and hope to perform the required "fitting" to get it in place.

In your opinion, would this be a possible DIY job with my experience?

thanks

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I have zero gunsmithing experience, and I installed a complete Springer trigger job on one of my XDs. They are very easy to work on. Just take your time and think ahead about what you are doing. You'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Hi Folks!

This is my first post. I knew if anyone would know, you would.

I have limited gun smithing experience. Currently I am working on my KelTec P-3AT mag release, which involves tearing the gun apart.

My son and I hope to work on an AR-15 build together (my 1st).

Now, as for the XD trigger, my plan involves limited the over/under travel and crisping up the trigger.

I have seen the Springer kit, which involves the trigger bar and sear, and hope to perform the required "fitting" to get it in place.

In your opinion, would this be a possible DIY job with my experience?

thanks
Welcome to the forum Jack.
There are lots of folks doing exactly what you want to do @:http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/latest-hs2000-sa-xd-faq-stickies/72879-how-install-powder-river-precision-safety-lever-overtravel-stop.html

I reviewed this and did a DIY Powder River Precision trigger job on my XD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts