Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll, XD SC 40 owner, what a great pistol! I've learned a lot from this site, and have done a lot of upgrades to my XD, but of the dozens of "trigger job" threads I've read (and finally doing a Springer job myself, love it!) I have yet to find a thread about trigger jobs after they've been "broken in".

I had over 1000 rounds through my XD when I finally decided to put in the new sear and springs from Springer and it made a huge difference.

Another 500 rounds I decided to go "all in" and ordered the trigger bar, with the confidence that I could do the work myself.

Got the trigger bar fitted and has been great for the last six months. But I noticed in the last couple of trips to the range I've had to mash the trigger to the back of the frame for it to fire, had ZERO over-travel for a long time, but am thinking that my trigger job is "broken in" after 1000 rounds and am about to take bit off the front of the trigger bar to adjust for the break in.

I see a LOT of trigger job threads, but no one talks about tweaks/break in over time. What is everyone else's experience??

Anyone else had this experience? What trigger job do you have? I really like the SP kit I have and understand if it needs to adjusted after break in, if that is the norm.

Thanks for reading and feedback and am looking for a XDm 9mm (3.8, 4.5. 5.25) in the near future!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have well over 3 thousand rounds on my Springer kit match kit and never had to touch it. I've done 4 other springer kits and 7 PRP kits and none have had to be adjusted. You need to make sure you have it set up for some expansion as the slide gets hot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Smoker, that makes total sense for what was happening, I just took a small bit off the front of the trigger bar and can tell a difference. Feel's like it has just a bit more "room" when the sear drops. I'll see how it feels next time I have it at the range!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put PRP kits in both of my XDM's as soon as I bought them and have aprox.2500 rounds through both and neither have needed any adjustments.They still feel the same as each other and if anything are just a little smoother.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts