Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd share what seems like nice deal. Also wondering if anyone on here has this.

I'm tempted. Would be great to practice for USPSA. Also fun for new shooters. I asked on site if ok left outside, answer yes. I'd mount it on a steel post in my shooting area below pond.

Reg $325 with free shipping. Now 15% off anything on site if signup email. Five day sale ends Tuesday.

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little followup in case anyone reads post in future and wants more info. I did buy at 15% off. Needed just short of 10 feet angle iron ... nearby yard min stick 20 ft, no biggie for me as will use it for something. Lots of welding. Instructions not great but no big problems - worst was bit of rework to allow clearance between rotation and support post. I used a piece of steel post as a permanent stand, easier than fabricating a base, and I have the posts and auger for fencing our farm. Placed it below our pond, using dam as backstop.

Works well, maybe a bit slow rotation.

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
That is very cool. Thanks, @CdnInAz for sharing. Looks like a fun and challenging target.

A buddy of mine and his and own a metal fab company. They have made several shooting trees over the years. Going to stop by and talk to them about possibly building a Texas Star. Thinking they will like to build something like that. Then it's another reason to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts