Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know it's still very rough but it works great. I'll be smoothing it out later. For all the southpaws that use their index finger to lock or drop the slide. It's a great improvement for me.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Looks good, now patent it and sell it!

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
Does that interfere with holster carry?
Not really. As a lefty it will make it stick out of her left side. I hope it doesnt break off if she rubs up against something or falls to that side. I just got used to using my left index finger for slide/mag release. It kinda is a "safer" route since I can pull the trigger if my trigger finger is on the slide release or mag release.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
It's interesting, but as a lefty, too, I don't see the need. I have no problem releasing the slide by simply wiping my finger down the slide, across the existing button. But, if it works for you, go for it!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I too use my index finger to drop the slide but with this extension it takes very little effort and to me is much faster because I don't have to shift my grip as much. As soon as I insert the mag with my right hand I can drop the slide with my left.

It's welded on there pretty good I really don't think it will break off. I'm going to try it out tomorrow at the West Of The Pecos Run N Gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts