Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Been a long time lurker and owner of multiple SA firearms. I recently purchased an XDM9 3.8 and just completed my first round of mods.

- DIY stippling
- Modified take down lever
- PRP extended mag release

I figured I'd post them up for all to see. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Nice work, I like it.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Well done!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm reviving this b/c I searched Google for xdm stipple. This is possibly the best I've found. the contour along the bevel towards the backstrap is perfect. I wouldn't do along the top so much, only at thumb & trigger finger index points, but it still looks good.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
One of the cleanest stippling jobs I've seen. What would be the purpose of modifying the take-down lever like that? I mean, it looks cool, but is that it?
OP hasn't been around for awhile, so I doubt he's going to answer...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
One of the cleanest stippling jobs I've seen. What would be the purpose of modifying the take-down lever like that? I mean, it looks cool, but is that it?
OP hasn't been around for awhile, so I doubt he's going to answer...
I'm guessing to give more grip with his thumb because the plastic underneath is stippled as well.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I'm guessing to give more grip with his thumb because the plastic underneath is stippled as well.
Shooting grip? I'm all cool with mods made for a purpose...just wondering if this particular hacking really serves a purpose. I always thought SA and Sig takedown levers were oversized, but I like em 100 times better than the tiny Glock or Walther takedown levers. Those are a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Purely hypothetical: Perhaps he stippled the frame with the takedown lever removed... then when he reassembled the gun the takedown lever would not swing down because of interference with the aggressive stippling... so he modified the (presumably easily replaceable) take down lever to clear the stippling rather than risk jacking up the frame trying to smooth it back out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts