Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up a serpa for my xd9 service model after waiting 3 weeks for the local shop to get some in. The problem I have is how loose the gun fits in the holster. I have adjusted the tension and it makes no difference, the gun still rattles around inside the holster. Anybody else seen this?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i have no expierence with that holster but most of the holsters ive seen are pretty tight when you first get them and then they loosten up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is too loose to start with. The gun is so loose that it rattles inside the holster while just walking around the house.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
is this the SERPA with the Locking system or without?
i love my SERPA lock holster, but i use it with a 1911, its snug as a bug, no rattle persay. and i wish they made one for my SIG 239:(

cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean by locking system. Mine has the button you press with your trigger finger. It also has the screw you adjust for the passive tension. It came with a paddle and belt attachment.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
yeah thats the serpa lock.. iirc they made some without the lock on the side, its been awhile since i looked on their site though.

where is it rattling at (if you can tell) is it the barrel jostling around or is it at the top of the holster?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deff not the barrel rattling. Side to side there is no play. Rocking the gun front to back there is alot of movement. Can rock it back and forth about 1/4inch.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
ah upon reading that thread further, it is a manufacture defect, and requires Blackhawk to send you a new spring, contact info is in the thread.. good luck.

cheers

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Yep, once they send you the replacement part you will be good to go. I don't know why these "defective" models are still in circulation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just bought a bad one today!
item #410007BK-R carbon finish for XD service .45 $44.95. It is really loose sent email with address tonight hope to hear back mondy!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
its not surprising they are still floating around out there. i recently purchased a holster for my sig P239 that had been sitting on the shelf for what look liked years lol.

at least blackhawk seems to be willing to make it right.. they are some great holsters.

cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts