Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "heavy" guide rod from Pistol Gear does not appear to be holding up well in my XDM-10. I was going to contact the vendor via the website, but it seems that it no longer recognizes my account. Hmmm. I guess I'll try calling. Has anyone else had a similar experience or is my guide rod a one-off fluke? Perhaps it's a flawed design.

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I exchanged emails with Pistol Gear. No joy. :(
There were no instructions with the spring or heavy guude rod to grind flat the end coil.

Light Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What needs grinding is the GR spring. If I had taken more time to be observant, I would have noticed that the factory GR spring was ground flat. The heavy GR is indeed a drop-in part.
You shouldn't need "instructions", or have to start grinding on a brand new guide rod. It's a drop in item.... Or at least it should be if it's made properly
Household hardware Engineering Gas Auto part Metal

I think that note has been there for some time, but the aftermarket Wolff spring doesn't have a flat side. Yet another clue that should have prompted me to take a closer look at the factory GR spring.
I'm note sure if they've updated that page, but their "installation note" (now) looks to specify spring orientation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts