Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
17,314 Posts
Well if Ford thought that aftermarket 460 crap worked better they would have installed it at the factory.....

Everything can be modified better. Companies produce products at a price point for the masses.

Reactions: .45fan

·
Administrator
17,314 Posts
Every Glock I have ever seen at the range that was malfunctioning on a regular basis, had aftermarket parts, or magazines in it.

Beefing up a race engine to perform better at the track, is not the same as installing the latest trendsetting doohickey on a firearm, because "Ninja Joe", the retired operator who now writes for Soldier Of Fortune said it's "totally rad".

And if, "everything can be modified better", perhaps you should tell that to the guy who designed that guide rod. Because I've got semi auto handguns with tens of thousands of rounds through them, and the factory stock guide rods that came with them sure as hell don't look like that.
No, really.... Beefing up an engine is exactly the same thing. Exactly. And just because one part is crap, doesn't mean all parts are bad. I'm no fan of tungsten rods, but nothing inherently wrong if they are designed right for the job. And as we already know.... Early recoil springs were getting chewed up on the 10mm. My guess it tungsten is too brittle for the beating.

Many.... Including Glock and SA come with plastic... Pure crap. It may get the job done, but metal is better. Spring steel gets the job done, silicone does it better. MIM gets the job done (and can be done right) but most prefer machined.... Everything can be modified better. Everything.

·
Administrator
17,314 Posts
I have never once seen a plastic guide rod break on a Glock NEVER. Including all 7 of mine. Not 1. Plastic guide rods are not "crap". That metal POS in the photos above is crap. And it was sold as "better". It obviously wasn't. The people who make and sell all of this aftermarket garbage are out to make a buck as well, and sell it at a certain, "price point"..... All with far less of an investment, or reputation to protect.

And just because they sell something as "better" or "improved" doesn't mean it is. Far from it. It's no different with oil additives. Most all of them are a complete waste of money, and are pure garbage. That accomplish nothing but make you poorer. But people spend millions on them every year believing they're "better" as well. They all made both Morgan Lucas and Andy Granatelli damn near billionaires. With all of the thick, sticky (edit) in a bottle they sell. And many actually believe it's "better". In reality all they've become are bought and paid for members of the placebo effect. Nothing more.

All this aftermarket garbage exists for the exact the same reason Vegas does. Because there is massive profitability in both...... By selling smoke and mirrors. And without having to give back what people have invested, or were promised. Not in the least.
Just because some parts are crap... Doesn't mean all are. Just because plastic doesn't break, doesn't mean it's best. They use plastic, because it is cheapest, for a price point. Stamped parts are cheaper, mim parts are cheaper. The all replaced traditional parts manufacturing... To save money. Hell, Tupperware guns are cheaper. Yes, they work, they perform a job. So does alloy, so does steel.

Feel free to leave yours stock. Others enjoy modifying... Like engines, and every other hobby known to man...

Reactions: .45fan
1 - 4 of 4 Posts