Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the ergonomics of the gun, but it jammed three times today (I had been using snap caps, and I wonder if they tweeked my ejector. Also, the factory set sights are off (I can see one of the lines in the mounting track). I'm considering a night sight job, should I just ahve the factory install them, or does their version suck compared to whats available? I'm looking for something durable and highly visible. ideas?

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just shot my SC today for the first time, and it shot fine, but like you said it was a little off. I looked, and the back sight was a little off, and I think if I move it to the center it will be fine.
As far as night sights go you could send it to the factory, but that might take a while to get back, I would check out www.pistol-gear.com for the sights and if you need to send it some where to have them instaled check www.canyon-creek.com , he will probably get your gun back to you in about a week. Pistol Gear will send the sights to Canyon Creek if you want them to.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Also check with Ajamesp51. I think he will install for free if you buy from him and send your slide.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Trade it in for a XD service model and get rid of that SC POS. The size difference between the two is not that great and it will serve you much better. Every time they modify a gun to make it smaller or or something it is more prone to malfunction, always stick with the original design/size and caliber and you can't go wrong. I have learned this from real life experience and my conclussion has been supported by professionals who I trust.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
manygunner said:
Trade it in for a XD service model and get rid of that SC POS. The size difference between the two is not that great and it will serve you much better. Every time they modify a gun to make it smaller or or something it is more prone to malfunction, always stick with the original design/size and caliber and you can't go wrong. I have learned this from real life experience and my conclussion has been supported by professionals who I trust.
+1

thank you... finaly someone understands. a true SC is not a cut down fullsize.

·
Registered
885 Posts
therooster said:
manygunner said:
+1

I don't know....my SC works just fine.

·
Registered
903 Posts
XD_Dan said:
therooster said:
manygunner said:
+1

Yeah, but you baby it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had lots of FTEs in the first ~600 rounds on my sc9 and it really pissed me off. I just kept shooting it with the same ammo and have since put another ~500 rounds through it with zero FTEs or any other problems.

So I <3 my SC9.

UD.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've had a few jams with my XD40 SC, but it has been with the Xtended Mag that came with it, the standard mag has worked just fine. I need to take it back to the dealer and see what they can do. Or better yet, just call SA and see what they will do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello phaetos,

I have a 3 week old XD-9 and had 3 FTF on my first trip to the range and they occurred within the first 200 rds. fired. I attributed that issue to cheap 9mm I had purchased a few years back. I switched over to Remington 115 gr. mc and had zero FTF of 500 rds fired that day.

Since then I have put about 400 additional rdds through my XD-9 SC with no FTF.

I am very happy with my XD-9 and I trust it to work if ever needed.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
aaroncstevens said:
I love the ergonomics of the gun, but it jammed three times today (I had been using snap caps, and I wonder if they tweeked my ejector. Also, the factory set sights are off (I can see one of the lines in the mounting track). I'm considering a night sight job, should I just ahve the factory install them, or does their version suck compared to whats available? I'm looking for something durable and highly visible. ideas?

ugh... i guess i will chime in...

first of all, no offense but i can definately tell you are very inexperienced with firearms.

second, most "problems" with firearms are the opperators fault.

third, all mechanical things will fail sooner or later.

now, on to solve your problem. what exactly is your definition of a "Jam"? i eat Jam - usually with peanutbuter - and i have never gotten any on my XD so i cant fully relate. :wink: i think the proper terminology you are looking for is malfunction (but i hate to get caught up in semantics).

now that we have determined you have a malfunction; we need to figure out what kind of malfunction it is. there are 3 types:
Failure To Feed
Failure To Eject
Failure To Extract

if you know which of these you are experiencing, please tell us(i really to feel like explaining each one individualy.). if not, explain to us what is happening with plenty of detail. i really to feel like explaining each one individualy. once we figure out what kind of malfunction you are having we can determine if it is the operator or the machinery, and try and help you fix it.

... snap caps wont "tweek" anything...

i highly doubt your sites are off. its very rare for that to happen from the manufacturer, but it does happen. you mentioned you can see on of the lines in the grove... let me guess its the one on the left side of the gun(when pointing away from you obviously). if it is, then its fine, mine only has one line as do all XDs that i have seen(note the "that i have seen").

as for "upgrades" on your gun... dont buy anything untill you try it. as for night sites... i like TruGlo TFO's.

i hope this helps clear things up for you.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Lumberjack98 said:
XD_Dan said:
therooster said:
manygunner said:
+1

Yeah, but you baby it.
I baby it after I'm done shooting. I pay particular attention to it while cleaning...that is true.
But I pretty much put it through the wringer on the range, no?

·
Registered
4 Posts
therooster said:
aaroncstevens said:

ugh... i guess i will chime in...

first of all, no offense but i can definately tell you are very inexperienced with firearms.

second, most "problems" with firearms are the opperators fault.

third, all mechanical things will fail sooner or later.

now, on to solve your problem. what exactly is your definition of a "Jam"? i eat Jam - usually with peanutbuter - and i have never gotten any on my XD so i cant fully relate. :wink: i think the proper terminology you are looking for is malfunction (but i hate to get caught up in semantics).

now that we have determined you have a malfunction; we need to figure out what kind of malfunction it is. there are 3 types:
Failure To Feed
Failure To Eject
Failure To Extract

if you know which of these you are experiencing, please tell us(i really to feel like explaining each one individualy.). if not, explain to us what is happening with plenty of detail. i really to feel like explaining each one individualy. once we figure out what kind of malfunction you are having we can determine if it is the operator or the machinery, and try and help you fix it.

... snap caps wont "tweek" anything...

i highly doubt your sites are off. its very rare for that to happen from the manufacturer, but it does happen. you mentioned you can see on of the lines in the grove... let me guess its the one on the left side of the gun(when pointing away from you obviously). if it is, then its fine, mine only has one line as do all XDs that i have seen(note the "that i have seen").

as for "upgrades" on your gun... dont buy anything untill you try it. as for night sites... i like TruGlo TFO's.

i hope this helps clear things up for you.

Dude that was the most condescending post I have ever seen. The guy may be inexperianced but WTF is the deal with your response.
From reading his post its safe to say that he is having some fail to eject issues or MALFUNCTIONS as you say.
Im new to this forum and so far the knowledge I have learned has been great. Everyone seems to be pretty helpfull and civil. I just dont believe that response was warranted.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Slvr Surfr said:
Dude that was the most condescending post I have ever seen.
sory you read it that way... but i didnt write it that way.

Slvr Surfr said:
The guy may be inexperianced but WTF is the deal with your response.
it was honest, informational, and strait forward.... you should try rereading it without a biasd oppinion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts