Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in this forum that Wolf Ammo is dirty. Since I'm new to this forum I don't know what that means.

·
Premium Member
127,099 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I shoot reloads and wolf, and on occasion WWB in all my guns personally I've never noticed a difference between them.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Wolf is very dirty. WWB is also not the cleanest burning stuff out their either. It will function fine...but you'll spend a bit more time cleaning up after you are done shooting because the dirtier the ammo...the dirtier your pistol/rifle will get shooting it.

Most people, unless you are going out and shooting 500+ round at one sitting, will never notice the difference in how dirty or clean their ammo shoots.

And besides...if you wanted a "clean" sport/hobby, you could have taken up knitting!! ;)

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
What about the Sellier and Bellot? It is one of the cheaper ammo at the local store, havent seen any wolf around but. Normally i shoot the WWB but i found the S&B cheaper yet so i was just curious?

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wolf isn't that bad, haven't shot any out of my XD yet, but have shot a ton of it through my AR and never had FTF, FTE, etc. Didn't notice that it was that dirty or "underpowered". Earlier Wolf had its problems, but the new stuff is decent. I plan on grabbing some cases of it for the XD shortly.

Zack

·
Registered
950 Posts
Not bad ammo to throw downrange. Wouldn't use for defense or for accuracy but it serves its purpose.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What about the Sellier and Bellot? It is one of the cheaper ammo at the local store, havent seen any wolf around but. Normally i shoot the WWB but i found the S&B cheaper yet so i was just curious?
S&B is the dirtiest stuff I have ever shot through my gun. I will never use it again. I wouldn't worry if it only took an extra 15 minutes or so to clean the gun, but compared to WWB it took me over an extra hour of swabbing the bore out to get it clean after S&B. F*** that stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I shoot WOLF all the time and love it. I seriously don't see it as being any dirtier than other brands. I don't like the red primer seal residue, but it's just a few seconds more to clean and I don't mind a bit.
I used to have a AR-180B and WOLF ammo would jam in the chamber. I guess either the ammo or the Armalite chamber was out of spec.

The best part of WOLF is the price! I wish it were lower, but it's better than the brass stuff. :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've shot approx 750 rounds of BLAZER BRASS through my new XDm 40. I haven't had one FTF/FTE yet. I haven't seen anything in the stores around here for cheaper yet.($12.97 per box) It shoots clean enough. I just bought 400 rounds yesterday (every box Walmart had) to shoot this weekend. I'm going to look into buying in bulk next.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I shoot Wolf through all my firearms at the range. The red stuff is the biggest complaint...but even in brands that don't use such a sealant I've had similar rings and debris end up in the gun, so I don't see it as that big of a deal.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts