Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys looking at getting a Dillion RL500B and whant to find out what dealer has the cheapest price and best value on potential accessories for the press like: roller handle, bullet trays, strong mount, primer warning, etc. Or is it better to get the press and press accesories directly through Dillion?

Thanks in adavance for your input.

·
Registered
455 Posts
While you may find the occasional 'sale' price on a Dillon 550B, most everyone selling the unit adheres to Dillon's catalog price point; and that is about to change (higher) January 1st.

The trick to acquiring the 550 cheap is knowing your exact needs and matching the add-ons and accessories to those needs. You will want a well stocked and informative dealer rather than just a salesman-google Brian Enos, there is some good info and pre-packaged 'deals' there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Definately look at Brianenos.com: he has some unique accessory combos and best of all, orders over $400 have free shipping.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Because of free shipping, Brian Enos is probably your best bet. As stated, everyone pretty much sells per Dillon's prices. The strong mount is nice as is the bullet tray, but not needed, same w/ the roller handle. I have most the bells & whistles, no case feeder or low powder sensor. the primer sensor is a good idea, but again, not required. All the acc. can be added later.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I'll agree with everyone else (Brian Enos), but I didn't do that. I bought locally and I'm very glad that I did. I wanted a new balance scale with my new 550 setup, plus a keg of powder, 5,000 primers, a case (3,000) of bullets. The local gunshop gave me all of that at an extremely reduced price, plus assembled the press and went through a complete checkup on the settings, to include firing a couple of bullets with me. The guy even came over when I had a little self-induced problem and has given me several other good discounts.
What I'm saying is; buy locally if you can!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts