Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the metro Denver area it is very hard to find a good range. Good being safe, well run and not too expensive. You would think being in the mountains a quick trip could provide a place to shoot. Well no, the places close in are off limits due to shooters trashing the place, acting crazy, scaring the nearby populations, etc. Is it the same for those who post here?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
In the metro Denver area it is very hard to find a good range. Good being safe, well run and not too expensive. You would think being in the mountains a quick trip could provide a place to shoot. Well no, the places close in are off limits due to shooters trashing the place, acting crazy, scaring the nearby populations, etc. Is it the same for those who post here?
I guess it depends on what's too expensive and what you're looking for. I'd suggest these three. I haven't been down to Ft. Carson, but I will soon, since it's the only public range I can find with distances from 100-600 yards.

Centennial Gun Club | Denver Gun Store | Firearms Denver | Guns Denver $18/hour or $30/month
Family Shooting Center - Home Page $16.50/day
MWR Fort Carson $10/day

·
Registered
565 Posts
I guess it depends on what's too expensive and what you're looking for. I'd suggest these three. I haven't been down to Ft. Carson, but I will soon, since it's the only public range I can find with distances from 100-600 yards.

Centennial Gun Club | Denver Gun Store | Firearms Denver | Guns Denver $18/hour or $30/month
Family Shooting Center - Home Page $16.50/day
MWR Fort Carson $10/day
Cheyenne mountain shooting complex is righoutside of gate 20 at fort Carson. I actually just got done shooting there this afternoon. Definitely worth checking out.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
565 Posts
Also, Cheyenne mountain is not technically on fort Carson, so you don't have to register your firearm.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Well, another reason I liked my move to Tennessee, I can just shoot off the back porch like all my neighbors. God Bless America.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Down load the app Find Ranges and put your location and it will list all the ranges around your area. I use it all the time, great app.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
One other thing to consider is to join a pistol or other club that has a shooting range. I have 2 good local ranges near me in NY with hourly rates of $18.00 and $22.00/hr. I joined a local rod and gun club with $30.00 per year dues and can go shoot at their out door range almost any time and at the indoor range several nights a week.

The only restriction in the indoor range is the use of lead bullets. which keeps me from bringing my 9mm, lead rounds around here are pretty much limited to .22 LR. The 9mm rounds are all FMJ similar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts