Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am an avid shooter and the owner of many different handguns but for some reason i have great results with everything i own except for my xd 9mm service. i just can shoot this gun. every single time i go to the range with the xd all my shots seem to be low right, about the four o'clock position . when i shoot any of my other guns they hit where i put the sight and group well. whats going on? i am a left handed shooter and have tried grip, trigger finger position and everything else i can think of or find online. along with the xd i also shoot a colt model 80 .38 super, eaa witness .40 and a glock .40 cal. i really dont want to part with my xd but it has not worked out for me as yet. any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
21,397 Posts
thats a tough one , maybe try changing ammo brands??? or sights? might call SA and talk to them , ;)

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I find when I'm hitting low that if I relax my grip and don't strong hand the gun to the point of trying to control the recoil then I start hitting center.

In short relax and let the gun recoil and watch that you don't "PULL" the trigger. Nice and smooth trigger should do the trick.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you ever had the gun sighted in with a bore sight? Perhaps yours are off, I have read stories of it on this forum before. I believe you talk to SA they will adjust any inaccurate sights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree with PGH. It sounds as if your point of aim is off on your XD and SA has a great customer service department. Drop them a line and they will hook you up with a free sight adjustment and will usually reimberse you for all the shipping costs as well. If you would rather not send your gun away then find your nearest gun smith and tell him exactly what is going on and they will sight it in as well. This service odviously wouldn't be free through your smith. Stick with the XD, I think once you get this problem fixed you'll end up a lifer. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I had bee shooting pistols for many years, when I started to shoot my XD I was shooting low an right. I'm a lefty too. A few practice session, proper grip and trigger control fixed my problem. Getting used to trigger, grip and just overall feel of the XD along with trigger and grip control. Have a friend load you mags, have him or her put a snap cap somewhere at random in the mag. When you pull the trigger on the snap cap you'll see right away what your doing wrong.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
A technique that worked for me was to unload my XD and without cocking it, just practice trigger pull. When I started I was seeing the sites go low left (I'm right handed). Now, when I do it I can keep the sites dead on my target.

My accuracy at the range has gone up substantially and there are no longer any more low right shots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts